Gear talk

401–425 of 658

@1strider I couldn't have put it better bro, you pretty much covered it. @nzpixie If you guys are climbing rupes (any summit besides Te hue hue any way) I would really recommend either the seracs ...
1 2
my fastfind comes with a neck lanyard, so its possible to have it slung loose under your top layer
1 2 3
I get 2nd hand packs off Trademe. Osprey make some really good kids packs, but an adult daypack should work as well. I also get them 2nd hand leather boots off Trademe, but they are ...
1 2
Hi @bick1. Yes, the GPX data is easy enough to get out. It's the Garmin-provided topo map data which I had a problem with. I'd bought one of these: https://buy.garmin.com/en-NZ/AU/maps/topo-australia-new-zealand/prod83071.html I probably wou...
Thanks for the links. I have a low end phone at the moment after the little one dropped mine on concrete (which was my fault for letting her have it!).
substitute wooden club for carbon fibre....
thanks very much for that. Looks like im packing my beacon.
@Pro-active yep, set it up yesterday and seam sealed it. Not keen on waiting for the drip-drip-drip in the middle of the night to see if it needed it or not...
1 2 3
Delete is ok until someone responds then its better to leave as is. Better to apologise if necessary and wear the egg on face broken glass in the knees etc than delete the post and ...
Thanks.
ha eatings cheating don't you know
I`m a watch-a-holic.My Suunto Vector digi watch is waterproof,tells altitude,temperature(when left off wrist for 15 mins) & tells the time.I`ve had it for 4 years,replaced the battery twice & it`s been around the block.I wouldn`t ...
1 2 3 4 5
OK! I went and got the Olympus OMD EM-1, along with 12-40mm F2.8, 40-150mm F4-5.6, 75-300mm F4.8-6.7, 25mm F1.8, 45mm F1.8, 60mm F2.8 Macro. Got the Grip, and an adapter for a 500mm F8 Mirror ...
1 2 3
Thanks very much both.
Check out this link if you want a free downloadable rendition of NZ's topo maps for use on Garmin GPSs. This is what I use and it seems to work well enough. Once installed on your ...
Thanks for that - will flick them an email. Will be interested in hearing your thoughts re the Aether - same one I ditched for the Cascade! Funnily enough my wife recently changed from Macpac ...
1 2 3
Thanks for the link, izogi. I didn't know the replacement program existed. We set off an ACR PLB two weeks ago in the Du Cane Range in Tasmania - half way up a very rocky slope ...
Voltarin and all the diclofinac family of drugs are magic anti inflamitaries They reduce swelling and the resultant pain and are incredibly effective. For some people though the side effects can outweigh the benifits. I can ...
1 2 3
You can get closed cell offcuts at Para Rubber if you live in Christchurch.
1 2
Have posted this before (sorry - not much use to those who already have an o'seas PLB)... I purchased an ACR Res-Q link from eBay seller '89992' last year. Landed cost in NZ ex USA was ...
The zpacks cuben tent had a low profile so wouldn't catch the wind but you'd have to be particular about where you pitched it. It was gossamer light and we thought it was a mesh ...
1 2
I've got 2 Ospreys (Ariel) and don't hesitate to bush bash in them. I've not had any failure on them so far. I've had them a few years so they've been on quite a few ...
awesome posts guys, very useful thanks, I'm looking for one of these too and yas saved me alot of time!! :)
1 2
Yeah no worries and I can imagine how it'd not necessarily be a simpe thing. I figured it can't hurt to ask. :)
With the GriSports the soles were worn smooth on part of each heel & the ball of each foot was worn smooth as well. I persisted with them because I'd paid good money for them ...
1 2
401–425 of 658

Search the forums

Gear talk Gear lists, reviews, advice, maintenance.
Topics 658
Posts 8,846
Top contributors
Permanent link