Grisport boots - anyone used them?

1–10 of 16

Hi all, new to the site and looking for some feedback on this brand of boot. Made in Italy with local distributors and have looked at a couple of pair in the shop. Seem like reasonable build quality and have reasonable overseas reviews, but wondering if anyone here can recommend ? Cheers.
I looked at them a while ago and thought them very soft in the sole flex. Should be nice to walk hard surface tracks but might not give enough support in the rough stuff.
Like geeves - never owned them, but tried them in the shops. Sole too flexible for my feet to cope with in steep terrain. Same recommendation - would consider them only for track walking. But if you like a flexible sole, you might find them better than I did.
1 deleted post from bradley1
Ive tried them before, never brought. They are very narrow in the front of the boot, as usual with most of the European brands. They might fit you, but they are far too narrow for my big clomping feet. I wear Asolo's myself (TPS 535'S) , they are a bit more expensive but are tough as and last for a long time. In fact i am wearing my 3rd pair right now, wearing them in for service, if you will.
1 deleted post from glennj
I've tried a pair of Gri Sports once just a few years back. They were comfortable but lacked durability. Somewhere I've got the exact number of days use recorded that they lasted. From memory they were thrown out after 55 days of hard use. They should have been discarded sooner! This was less than half of what I'd been getting with BootsNZ logger & tramper models and also less than half the life I subsequently got out of a pair of Scarpa SL's.
I would agree with Glennj. I had a leather pair for years as general non-safety work boots that I also used for tramping. Very comfortable but the Bighorn soles are useless and wear out quickly. I still have them for bombing around in but wouldn't trust them to grip a wet rock. I have La Sportivas and am about to break in some Zamberlans for summer climbing. Other folk may have different experience but I wouldn't go past Vibram soles.
Further to my earlier post I've just checked up on my Gri Sport Boots details. They were thrown out after of 61 days use. The 55 day figure I mentioned would have been when they were had it and should have been thrown out! From March 2011 post; "I recently trialed a pair of Gri Sport vibram sole tramping boots that are one of many similar styles targeted at trampers. I discarded them after 61 days of use; hole in one toe, six seams failed, soles 75% gone, inners worn out, other holes about to occur as outer failing. (Others would probably have ditched the boots sooner!) On average I would get double the life from a leather/commando sole boot than a light leather/synthetic vibram sole boot." Comment; there are many different grades of vibram soles. Some of the harder mixes last ok but most used on mid range tramping boots are too soft for the type of tramping/climbing I do. The stiffer vibram soles on my first pair of Scarpa SL's are 75% gone in the tread with the outside tread edges almost 100% gone after 120 days usage. I consider 120 days use acceptable but these boots are now past it for tougher trips where grip is critical.
Vibram is great, but I generally look for the harder compound of rubber on Vibram soled boots. The hard versions last for ever. I had a pair of Hi Tec boots with hard Vibram soles, when i chucked them out eventually the uppers were all falling to bits but the soles still had 50% usage left in them.
I had some Vasque boots that the uppers quit after 2 years but the vibram sole was also pretty much worn as well. Swore never to buy Vasque again but Hunting and fishing had them on special. 3 years later this pair is doing fine sole hasnt even worn much
what boots dont have vibram these days? I have been using shoes with stealth grip for the first time and it feels a lot stickier.
1–10 of 16

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Gear talk
Started by Harrisok
On 28 January 2014
Replies 15
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown