Watch recommendations?

I need suggestions for a suitable/durable watch? As an inexperienced tramper any advice is welcomed.
43 comments
41–43 of 43

@Damon True that !. But, some people like figuring things out. Same, you can go Glamping or ultralight. Depends on how you want to go.
I once bought myself a relatively cheap watch with a barometric altimeter (found someone on Trademe flogging them off). It lasted about a year and sort-of worked, but today the most reliable barometric altimeter I've ever owned is built into my GPS. So now I have this dilemma, in that I like trying to track and figure out where I am on my own, but if I want to use an altimeter as a tool then it normally means pulling out the GPS and making an effort not to peek at the answer. Anyway, I think I'm now gradually getting better at picking out the miniature contour changes and directional variations going down spurs (still not great), because I'm spending a lot of time avoiding an altimeter when I otherwise would almost certainly use it. :)
I`m a watch-a-holic.My Suunto Vector digi watch is waterproof,tells altitude,temperature(when left off wrist for 15 mins) & tells the time.I`ve had it for 4 years,replaced the battery twice & it`s been around the block.I wouldn`t be without it.While it did cost over $400,I keep that in perspective;I used to smoke a good watch in a couple of months.Just depends what floats ya boat...
41–43 of 43

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Gear talk
Started by Matthew1984
On 26 November 2013
Replies 42
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown