Gear talk

276–300 of 654

the text capable devices are bigger, heavier, more expensive and require a paid subscription service, you literally pay by ttext volume. i've heard other stories of people having problems with intermittent issues stopping them from ...
1 2 3 4
As expected, @Honora has it sussed... to carry both down and synthetic filled jackets. My PrimaLoft jacket (Outdoor Research) came with stretchy breathable side panels which means it's well suited as 'on the move' garment ...
1 2 3
Another vote for the Ospreys. They make two sizes (we've got a kid on each) and are of high quality. I've not figured out why but, when on sale here (as at Bivouac), Osprey can be ...
I would expect they work equally well on fires to a normal billy but once again though soot on the fins could be an issue and there is a chance of melting the fins.
I see the routeburn classic race has been delayed a day due to bad weather
1 2 3
1. Condensation is a common issue; minimise by having as much ventilation as practical (vents open, fly flap open if not to cold or wet) - but if the humidity is high, it's hard to ...
That looks like something I'm after. Thanks Dave.
Ref, for anyone reading this years from now: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rotorua-daily-post/news/article.cfm?c_id=1503438&objectid=11612493
1 2
I agree about the comfort of keen boots. The most comfortable ive owned. Pity is I didn't own them for long because the soles are really brittle and fall to piece on any rocky terrain.
1 2
Hi all Have just brought a second hand one and wondering of actual specs. Have seen one reference to - 15 but nor sure is comfort/limit or extreme rating? Help appreciated as cant find on the ...
Just purchased a KTI Safety Alert 406MHz Personal Locator Beacon from the link above as my old GME units battery was due for replacement. A great little unit and at that sort of price and ...
1 2
I'd recommend the Wild Country Zephyros 2 Lite tent from these guys, there's also plenty of other lightweight options to consider there, but the above is good compromise between weight, space and $s. http://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/equi...
Those are pretty spectacular screwups! And if you were relying on them ... dangerous ones at that. Personally I've owned a Garmin for some years and I only rely on it to give me a my ...
I believe its ripstop nylon. But I do remember it originally had a waterproofing treatment on both inside and outside the fly. The tent itself is well worn but the fly material is still strong (does not ...
Replacing the inner soles with a structured running type worked for me. They have high arch support which locks my foot in to the boot better.
1 2
Got my first go in my Cobra Tourer today. Didnt use it for a tramp yet but took it 6km or so down the Kawarau / Lake Dunstan. Very very stable. Only way I could ...
1 2
I love my Neo air x-lite. Hands down best piece of equipment I have bought. Unsurprisingly much more comfortable than the $10 foam mats I used before but also way better than the bed at home. ...
>Cable ties are great for replacing buckles, splints, handcuffs for unruly people who overbook huts... love it!
marmot make quality gear. that tent is for warmer weather with a mesh inner tent. or you'd need to make sure you have a decent sleeping bag for colder weather.
I`m a Bridgedale fan.Expensive,yes but they really perform,and are durable.The `Summit` model is thicker & suits my outdoor needs.Though the quicker they wear out means you`re on the hill more.Socks or boots last longest when ...
1 2
I had the Extremities brand mitts. The palmar lining wore off eventually from scrambling along rock. However, if you then peel off the remaining lining and paint that good old electrician's tape stuff on, you ...
1 2 3 4
I don't want to sound ageist, but 8pm at night? Was he traversing over from Husky Flat and bit off more than he could chew? If he was then heading down the western side late in the ...
The Zephyros 2 looks good. However already bought the Lansan. Slept in it last night, was easy to set up and comfy and cosy but with perfect weather conditions it wasn't much of a test. ...
1 2
Last year (2015) we got the fright of our lives cresting a peak by a glider that was well below the 500ft rule. Shot straight over us so low we all ducked. Later I was ...
Good luck! :-)
1 2
276–300 of 654

Search the forums

Gear talk Gear lists, reviews, advice, maintenance.
Topics 654
Posts 8,838
Top contributors
Permanent link