Camera Gear

Are you like me and always overweight on cameras. Here's one solution. http://www.naneubags.com/products-by-series/adventure/k5 Seems like some thought has gone into it. However with all the zips, pockets and nooks and crannies it seems to have one might be questioning how it would cope with some of our weather. Interesting concept for those like myself who nearly always have an overabundance of camera gear with them.
27 comments
11–20 of 27

I never carry over weighted stuff with me. I always prefer portable things.
What's over-weighted to you in terms of cameras?
an slr or anything thats much over half a kilo including lens
my main camera weighs half a kilo canon G1 x, takes photos as good as low end SLR cameras., but i picked up another compact sony rx100 that weighs quarter of a kilo, still takes incredibly good shots. you can get some extremely good quality compact cameras now
militaris, I have had E-3 for a long time, its a heavy beast. Was looking at the OM-D in the shop last weekend. I think I am tempted to swap. Smaller much lighter, with everything it would be half the weight of what I currently tend to carry. I note your comment on the continuous focus. Over all how have you found the OM-D.
Only just noticed your post. The OM-D is a great camera and I still love it. Lightweight and tough for the most part. Although one of the covers for my dial have dropped off..... Must send it away for warranty repairs but I do not want to be parted from it. Continuous Focus is rather useless, but Single Focus is quick. This is only a problem if you are trying to photographing quick moving objects like birds in flight. But for most other situations its excellent. No complaints regarding the photo quality, and these a wide range of lenses. Most of them lightweight. I happily take my entire 4 lens kit with me on hikes. The weight is not really a issue unless I leave them hanging around my neck all day. Battery life sucks. A spare is essential. I did not make a mistake buying it last year, but would be reluctant to purchase one currently. There are rumors that the next model is going to be announced within a few months. The rumors might be baseless, but I have read that the next model might take 4/3 lenses naturally, that Continuous focus might be improved (quite a few people are mentioning some type of Phase detection Autofocus) but that could be wishful thinking of their part.
I've got the front SLR aarn clip ons - they're great on a track like the abel tasman where its super flat most of the way and you don't need to jump over stuff. Their biggest downfall is on the hairy stuff - I find the front packs too much of a pain when you really need to be able to lean in on stuff. Mostly now I take my aarn sans the front packs but if I need more than one set up (landscape, macro, tele photo) then i'll use them.
Militaris, thank you for your response. I have generally decided to stick with olympus. I might even get around to selling the E3 kit so as to not increase the ever growing number of cameras that I already own. However I also noted the rumours of a new model and therefore am holding back at present to see if that becomes an actuality.
It has been announced, the Olympus OM-D E-M1. Its not cheap but its impressive sounding.
Hi Militaris, What 4 lenses do you carry, and do you bother with a tripod? I am always reviewing my pack weight and the decision as to which lenses to carry on longer trips is never easy! Thanks, Alan
11–20 of 27

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Gear talk
Started by FrankB
On 7 December 2012
Replies 26
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown