Gear talk

526–542 of 542

Or any Caltex service station will probably have it - they sell/label it as "Calite" (in 1 litre clear plastic bottles) and it will usually be with the kero/meths etc
1 2
Long story short, we want one of these tents, but Macpac is all sold out, isn't expecting new stock until maybe October, and I have googled the "entire world" in ...
Ah yes, I think the recession must have got to them. I was told that MacPac would definitely have a branch in Rotorua within the year. Guess when I was ...
Every now and then i use some sterie tabs that are normaly used to clean babies bottles buy them at food town. Started using horleys hydration replace just recently to ...
Or you can use your empty pack, or the removeable foam most packs have up the back..less to carry :)
1 2 3
Probably would use a standard foam pad for this trip.Do not have time to organise a inflatable. At the moment trying to decide between a Insulmat AO Aero Mtn, but they ...
Cactus deep winter, its the benchmark alpine pack, NZ MADE!!!, 50L (all you need for a 2 wk trip..), and weighs sweet FA (1100gms compare that to ALL other brands ...
I had some garmont explorers.. they broke accross the ball area of the sole. Crap but hey, just my opinion :)
Haha that is a funny story regarding the wheelbarrow, I have been to that hut how far is the main rd? I remember it being about 1km? the 'sprained ankle' ...
1 2
Hey treehugger, Also, some snowshoes such as ours have a wire bail which levers up under the foot arch to assist in climbing steep slopes. A valuable tool i must say. Aardvark
From memory Hallmark had a pretty good reputation in the 80's,we used a four person Hallmark tunnel tent on a winter trip around tongariro and it performed really,I don't know ...
The articulated pair that my partner has used in the past was a Charlet Moser with a two strap system. These did not require the boots to have any particular ...
I think you will be pretty much right in a good pair of shoes. Most of the track is of a very high standard and there aren't many places left ...
I would rather get a hammock with fly over top
Early this year I could not see a hut due to evening sun. It was about 200 metres away. The morning after it could be found in 5 minutes. What ...
Weft Industries,Orbell Street,Sydenham,ChCh are a good source for merino and polypropylene clothing.They are open thursdays and fridays and are very good value for some items that are factory seconds. Are ...
I live in the Waikato and i always use a tent
526–542 of 542

Search the forums

Gear talk Gear lists, reviews, advice, maintenance.
Topics 542
Posts 7,570
Top contributors
Permanent link