Gear talk

526–550 of 565

I am the opposite, I take 98% of my photos using the Viewfinder and only resort to the Screen for a few strangle angles. . I beleive there is two main ...
1 2 3
Great bargins at Pawn Shops
My lightweight vaude pack has heard up well and I have done quite a bit of bush bashing with it. It is not going to last forever like a Macpac ...
My opinion is that theres 3 types of people who shop at Kathmandu. 1) People who aren't really interested in the outdoors, and go there to buy things for every day ...
1 2
Hi All, My wife and I are shopping around for a decent tent and have narrowed it down to just 2 based on our requirements, Nemo Asashi & Marmot Den. We will ...
Just noticed this competition...get in quick. :-) http://www.topo50.govt.nz/win-a-gps.html
Retail doesn't pay well. I was asked to do it and the job conditions were satisfactory enough to suit me at the time. Particularly getting product at wholesale price or ...
I carry both a 3l bladder and a 2l water bottle, actual water carried does depend to the route taken. The bladder is brilliant for keeping hydrated on those long ...
1 2 3
Personally, you cant beat some UK gear. Two companies spring to mind. Rab and Paramo. Both of these offer synthetic jackets, meaning that they're great when both wet and dry. Paramo ...
Well done a great track,i walked it 3 years ago for my 50th birthday All the the advice above is true 100% I got 250mm rain on the second day and ...
How did the sleeping bag come out after the dry cleaning process Lisa? I imagine it will feel fresh and new at first. I'd be interested to hear what you ...
1 2
You'd be roasting in full winter bag in Jan/Feb for sure, especially if you're staying in huts. In late Feb/Mar in the south island last year when the weather wasn't ...
Yes, the difference was that when the canister was nearly empty, the MSR could burn with a hotter flame and with more gusto than the Outer Limits yellow brand. That ...
""izogi said... RE: SPOT Satellite Messenger Thanks for the tips, it's making things somewhat clearer. On a tangent, do the iridium sat-phones not actually have voice coverage 100% of the time? If voice ...
I found Insect repellent by Bushman (Australia) works fine, no grease, no unpleaseant smell. If you don’t mind repelling human as well, Aroguard is another brand you can go for.
1 2 3
Yes their are many brands available at any good outdoor shop.
Has anyone tried the new Gregory Z55, and how does it compere to the Osprey Atmos 65? Would appreciate any feedback on either or both.
I been wondering, How do the Possum/merino blends compare with the pure merino / synthetics on the market? Does anyone have any experience?
2 3 4 5 6
Ended up getting a pair of La Sportiva boots and even they are a bit wide for my "A" width foot, which is especially difficult to get a good for ...
I have always had the baskets on my pole so am not quite sure what they would be like without. The problem would be that you stick the pole into ...
99% of the time I wear shorts with gaiters, long for snow or going off track in bush, short for everything else. I use gaiters to keep out the stones ...
1 2 3
Well you do see some strange sights on the trail sometimes! There's a great product for chafing called Bodyglide which is for using around your neck and arms under a ...
1 2
Just got my stove sorted out and the man who fixed it was Kevin Devoy in Waihi Ph- 07-8639695 Kevin was the Optimus dealer in NZ for many years. He is ...
Or any Caltex service station will probably have it - they sell/label it as "Calite" (in 1 litre clear plastic bottles) and it will usually be with the kero/meths etc
1 2
Long story short, we want one of these tents, but Macpac is all sold out, isn't expecting new stock until maybe October, and I have googled the "entire world" in ...
526–550 of 565

Search the forums

Gear talk Gear lists, reviews, advice, maintenance.
Topics 565
Posts 7,930
Top contributors
Permanent link