Gear talk

226–250 of 658

I find it hard enough getting size 13uk / 14us footwear... Must really be a struggle to get size 16. Due to have size 13 feet, I never had the option of fitting after market ...
Interesting about the lack of a vestible. Of course with a fly you can cook under shelter but if there were winds, it would need to be pitched lower as Ian_H had his on Stewart ...
1 2
I think using a groundsheet underneath is a good idea to help keep your tent floor in good order. We use a cut open big orange MSC pack liner. It is a perfect fit for ...
theres various other services for mail forwarding from the states like myus.com or shipito.com they offer a range of shipping options with different courier companies, they get reasonable rates with the freight companies and you ...
1 2 3
I agree with much of that. You may laugh - I use long pants in dry weather, and shorts when it rains - with long polopro underwear underneath. Works well for me. Shorts don't stick to ...
1 2 3
that video of the 2 rock anchoring technique was educational for me. I've always grabbed a big rock and stuck that in the fly loop but of course it is hard work wrestling a big ...
The theory is sound providing you can keep the ccf on the inflatable. Keep the insulation close
I almost always wear trail shoes except when crampons are required, so I use leather boots and knee height canvas gaiters then. Otherwise on easy tramping tracks trail runners and ankle height heavy duty lycra gaiters ...
1 2
I have used the Shoe Sheriff in Auckland. Did a stretch and reshape on the heels of some boots for me plus a resole on another pair. Did a damn good job on both. http://shoesheriff.co.nz/shoe-repair/
all good, as long as he realises the pluses and minuses of the various options, problem is when you can only afford one tent you need to make sure the tent is going to cover ...
1 2
Please oh please correct the spelling in the thread title.... Anyhow, yes they used to do a trial programme but not any more. I'm 30 and converted to an Aarn pack last year. Absolutely love it and ...
In Australia putting wet pants/socks on the poles between inner and rain fly would make them partially dry in the morning if it wasn't raining all night. In NZ, tried the same thing: it was ...
No, you shouldn't need ice axe and crampons for this leg. There are a few un-bridged river crossings to perform, that's about as technical as it gets.
Thanks for the replies everyone. Lots to check out :-)
1 2
Good idea. I once packed my army hoochie http://www.armyandoutdoors.co.nz/collections/tents-bashas/products/woodland-camouflage-basha on a trip where we already had a tent. My friend told me off for bringing it, however it rained the whole time so...
1 2
Exchange rate is often more of an issue. If paying by credit card often the foreign currency is converted to US dollars and then to NZ dollars. Do your sums well and you cant lose
1 2
ok thanks guys, appreciate the time you took to reply!
It does. Cheers Madpom. Good info. :)
1 2 3 4
http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/australia/86160373/Tourist-mauled-after-body-slamming-crocodile
1 2
A mate told me he sleep in his one night in a hut just to see how it went. He said it was good, but everyone in the hut hated him as it was super ...
Wear On Earth (Blair) has also dabbled in sleeping bags. He made one for me - custom fit, synthetic fill, epic outer, no seams. Good three season bag, waterproof enough for a night or two ...
1 2 3
Thanks for the advice. I've ordered the KTi SA2G
Gaiters, here's Philip Werner's comment: http://sectionhiker.com/sierra-designs-lightning-2-fl-tent-review/#comment-110961 Quote: "My working theory is that tents made by companies based in Colorado (and out west) usually don’t work well for th...
1 2
I dont think there is any conditioner that is suitable for nubbuk. I had a pair of boots made from that and the stores advice was to just clean them with water. Any creame based ...
Then there's that scary school of thought that says people with autoimmune diseases have high levels of the active hormone (1-25 hydroxy vitamin D) and low levels of the storage form (25 hydroxy vit. D) ...
226–250 of 658

Search the forums

Gear talk Gear lists, reviews, advice, maintenance.
Topics 658
Posts 8,846
Top contributors
Permanent link