Sources of Nubuk (Gore-Tex lined) Leather Conditio

I have a pair of Lowa Tibet Pro GTX (Nubuk leather and Gore-Tex Lined) and am wondering what conditioning creme I should use besides the stuff that Lowa sells as I generally like to buy from dedicated care companies such as Nikwax. This is what I am thinking of currently purchasing to take care of my boots: - To clean boots before water proofing - Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel - Waterproofing - Nikwax Nubuk & Suede Proof - Conditioning - ????? I emailed Nikwax about their Conditioner for Leather product and got this response: Many thanks for your enquiry. We do not have a conditioner specifically for the use on Nubuck and Suede. Our Conditioner for Leather is for the use on smooth leather and will smooth out the appearance of nubuck and suede which is why it is not recommended for that use. It will condition nubuck and suede but it will change the cosmetic appearance. So will need advice on another brand if anyone is in on the 'know-how' Just to make things clear, what I am looking for: - A Nubuk Leather Conditioner without beeswax as my boots are Gore-Tex lined Any suggestions would be great. Thankyou
I dont think there is any conditioner that is suitable for nubbuk. I had a pair of boots made from that and the stores advice was to just clean them with water. Any creame based conditioner will smooth the surface. Its not a bad thing to happen as it will be easier to clean but doesnt look that nice

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Gear talk
Started by [Deleted]
On 20 October 2016
Replies 1
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown