Gear talk

201–225 of 658

Between me and Frank we carry 3 lighters on our trips.
1 2 3 4
Boonies is slang for boondocks. Interestingly this is a Tegalog word from the region around Manila. It means mountain and is bundock in their language. I often tell Filipinos (and Filipinas) that we have a ...
Surely the restaurant you are taking with you will generate sufficient heat?
1 2
In May 2011 I attempted an unofficial record on the Bibbulmun Track in Western Australia, a 1000km hiking track running from Perth to Albany. I trained 6 months solid for it, only working 3 or 4 ...
1 2 3
@mariku: How are you going with the tent stove project? I hear Aarn Tate is also working on something like that. There is a material known as a welder's blanket. That might be of use.
1 2
Don't rate the gps in the original Delirme ones. About as good as a mid-range Garmin. Nowhere near as sensitive or fast to lock as my qstarz. Maybe the new Garmin model has improved on ...
wow, never heard of them, thanks
I've tried many jackets called waterproof and came up to the idea that if it doesn't let the water form outside, you are just gonna be wet because of sweat
1 2
yeah I havent owned any cotton pants since I was a teen. three teens were lost in kahurangi in winter, two of them died, the ones who died were wearing a lot of cotton clothes, ...
Hi, I haven't found any adult ones but there are a few children's options available - just compromise on the quality and the choice. There are about 5 or so pairs I can choose from. ...
We hope that what ever you purchase you never have to use.
1 2
Has anyone tried these and are they any sturdier than the Run Single or Run Dual Blue/Green innersoles? I use those in my trail runners and they have great arch support which stops my feet ...
I agree. Not submersible, but held up to a decent downpour on Stewart Island the other day.
Yep. A combination of water and electrolytes. When conducting heavy, sustained exercise.
1 2
if you have any intelligence you can sift out the shallow bad reviews from the good ones and there are plenty of good in depth reviews around. I"ve been colating good reviews for years through ...
1 2
Is anyone here a member of the Consumers' institute? Strictly speaking you could take a retailer or manufacturer to court, but chances are many retailers bank on that being too much cost and effort for most ...
1 2
Oh! To be that young and fit again.
1 2 3 4
I can't say I have ever had any problem with chest or any other straps, more like to wear through the bottom due to dragging the rear end over rocks too often. Mine and the ...
1 2 3 4
Received email with this link if any one has an interest. https://www.aarnpacks.com/bargain-basement
@Honora not only wet but also having it take off like a kite in some of our winds.
more ankle flexibility and lighter weight, making it easier to walk faster and cover more ground if thats your aim... if you're on a big trip on rough ground carrying a lot of weight the ...
1 2
@Mosley If you're still having trouble afterwards I highly recommend dropping the 30 bucks on the Ergo patches as a last, last resort. Worked for me the one time bending did not.
1 2 3
Many outdoor brands advertise designed in the UK, US or where ever, with smaller writing identifying where it was made. To be honest when buying a car I'm perhaps interested in resale value, but with a ...
1 2
Torpedo7, Zempire Atom, 30% off until midnight 7th Feb = $175 https://www.torpedo7.co.nz/products/LIATAN642/title/zempire-2016-atom-adventure-tent
👍
1 2
201–225 of 658

Search the forums

Gear talk Gear lists, reviews, advice, maintenance.
Topics 658
Posts 8,845
Top contributors
Permanent link