Gear talk

101–125 of 658

@aardvark's Mont Mountain Guide - he describes it above.
1 2
if you buy the pack here then you've probably never tried it on since those brands dont sell here, so thats a risk that you dont like the way it fits you or sits on ...
Finally tried out my MSR NX lightweight 1-man tent above the snowline last month. Been putting off deliberately using it on the tops as there's a _lot_ of mesh in the inner and it looked ...
1 2
Heart Thumbs up
That rivets range has some interesting stuff. As said by someone else the pants dont need to be as waterproof as the coat and I did use the pants shown for quite a while but ...
1 2 3
Thumbs up
I don't know about ULA but I have a Gossamer Gear pack (marisopia 60) and love it. I used to have a first gen Aarn which was awesome but I eventually got sick of the ...
1 2 3
Thumbs up
I recommend Twin Needle too. They do such a professional job. I got them to convert the bottom seam of my sleeping bag into a drawstring as I suffer very badly from hot feet and ...
Thumbs up
I have a Garmin Oregon 600/650 I'm not using anymore if you're still looking. It has the NZ Topo and the, what I consider better from Mr Purple (free). Let me know if you're interested and ...
Thumbs up
Ignore my comments I just found single blend pilling on some leggings
1 2
Thumbs up
At the end of the day if we are doing what we enjoy in the manner that is safe and enjoyable to us then we are all doing it right. Even if we are doing ...
3 4 5 6 7
Thumbs up Grinning Thumbs down
That's very kind of you FrankB, but the Atmos would be too big, they have 10.5-11.5inch back measurements. I also have an Aarn pack, they are great.
1 2
Boot Thumbs up
I guess it depends if you're camping or staying in huts, and how lightweight your gear is. Staying in huts 50ltrs should ample for the Heaphy. I used a Osprey Atmos 50ltr when did a few ...
Thumbs up
pbtech have an extensive stock of screen protectors.
I posted recently about my Meindl soles coming off at the toes. Things I have learned from this experience - 1. Not all boot repair places are equal - thanks to advice I got here ...
1 2 3 4
Thumbs up
Just as long as they dont start using split leather in tramping boots. If you want a boot to last and dont mind breaking it in then full grain is the only option. Nubruck makes for ...
We just used our new NeoAir xlite and didn't notice the noise and we were out in the bush. Liked it alot. Light and easy to blow up. Better than sleeping on foam.
1 2
Thumbs up
I'm afraid to rip the silk liner if I used it inside the sleeping bag, but I'll give it a try...I usually use in lodges/motel rooms when I don't trust the cleanness. As for sleeping bags ...
1 2
Thumbs up
Thanks all - cheers Glenn - I will try looking for those other places - I need these boots to hodl together for a big easter trip.
I've been coping with the heat by wetting my head and allowing the water to drip onto my prolite shirt and trousers and splashing water onto my sleeves. But don't do this too late in ...
1 2
Thumbs up
My Exos has. A few years ago, a hunter commented on how old it was. I'd just given it a scrub the day before. I'm still using it and the new pack is staying in ...
Thumbs up
I've taken ski googles once on a climbing trip. That was on a trip where a white-out was predicted. With the orange perspex? they were brilliant in the conditions. It made things so much more ...
I was wrong the torles is as follows The Torlesse 50 is constructed with a durable, yet lightweight combination of 630d Cordura nylon and 210d Ripstop nylon. so not Aztec at all
1 2 3
Thumbs up
I use a pole - went from none to two then back to one. I use it for balance (steep terrain, rock-hopping, rivers, tussock, etc) but also for fending off (wet and/or prickly) scrub. Most of ...
1 2 3
Thumbs up Grinning
Thanks for sharing this. I will definitely try this. And every people cannot afford much money. They do shopping with their own budget. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Care Home in Brighton
We've been happy with the Deuters 40l kids pack. Bought for a smaller torso. Really not that pricey new: https://www.outdooraction.co.nz/products/deuter-fox-40-kids-backpack
I'll use about 60g a day for 2 so that's 4 days worth. If you're staying in huts and lighting a woodstove, you can use that too for heating water to some extent and cooking ...
1 2
Thumbs up
101–125 of 658

Search the forums

Gear talk Gear lists, reviews, advice, maintenance.
Topics 658
Posts 8,846
Top contributors
Permanent link