Gear talk

176–200 of 542

I love my Neo air x-lite. Hands down best piece of equipment I have bought. Unsurprisingly much more comfortable than the $10 foam mats I used before but also way better ...
>Cable ties are great for replacing buckles, splints, handcuffs for unruly people who overbook huts... love it!
marmot make quality gear. that tent is for warmer weather with a mesh inner tent. or you'd need to make sure you have a decent sleeping bag for colder weather.
I`m a Bridgedale fan.Expensive,yes but they really perform,and are durable.The `Summit` model is thicker & suits my outdoor needs.Though the quicker they wear out means you`re on the hill more.Socks ...
1 2
I had the Extremities brand mitts. The palmar lining wore off eventually from scrambling along rock. However, if you then peel off the remaining lining and paint that good old ...
1 2 3 4
I don't want to sound ageist, but 8pm at night? Was he traversing over from Husky Flat and bit off more than he could chew? If he was then heading down the ...
The Zephyros 2 looks good. However already bought the Lansan. Slept in it last night, was easy to set up and comfy and cosy but with perfect weather conditions it ...
1 2
Last year (2015) we got the fright of our lives cresting a peak by a glider that was well below the 500ft rule. Shot straight over us so low we ...
Good luck! :-)
1 2
@Castyn, Like you I struggle to find stuff that fits in traditional tramping shops. I've found most of my clothing including baselayers, fleece insulation layers and raincoats from safety workgear retailers ...
@madpom Yes ... totally agree with your experience. My shopping list includes: 1. 18650 Rechargeable batteries 2. A very clean even beam. (This is more important than most people think.) 3. Smoothly adjustable intensity 4. ...
1 2 3
28g sounds like an attractive weight. Thanks for posting the how-to, Bernieq.
JETNZ - Asolo 535 wide. No point in complaining about the boots after 7 years, I agree. Oh I remember those long ago days when I could average 20km a day! ...
BCC is on sale as well - 25% off. Includes online orders. Time to stock up :)
Tramping is clearly an NZ term, but as Brit who's been here 8 years it's one I most comfortable with now, and use regularly. As for hiking being an overseas term, ...
1 2 3 4
So about Donald Duck's website. It does help but other than the big ticket items and then even then. You could mention checking out op shops. Our first tent was ...
1 2
@DonaldDuck: Oh yeah...that method rings a bell. Very cool. Another advantage of following a magnetic bearing in the field is that at night, the orienting arrow is sometimes luminous so easier ...
8 9 10 11 12
The Dragonfly has the same clip as do most superlight gas stoves. Its not the problem. The first shakerjet whisperlite alsohad the generator coil further from the burner and at low ...
1 2 3
Nice one, hutchk! ;)
1 2
The bee knees were bad news if they got wet. The polarfleece holds water and would be a real drag as well.
I presume the OP is in Chch, and has sorted this out by now ?. I was in Westfield Riccarton mall of late, looking in Stirling Sports, Athletes Foot, ...
1 2
Exped lite range all the way imo. Great bags. Well made, comfy. I find theres heaps of room in mine, but I do have the long size (Im over 6 ...
1 2 3
Ouch, 8kg of rice and lentils. Rather you than me mate. Best of luck with the TA. Hope all goes well
1 2 3 4 5
I used gaiters once. Ill pass on them in general now.
3 4 5 6 7
Thanks
176–200 of 542

Search the forums

Gear talk Gear lists, reviews, advice, maintenance.
Topics 542
Posts 7,570
Top contributors
Permanent link