Gear talk

176–200 of 570

@Honora I probably shouldn't resist it. The rest of my gear has slowly been replaced with lightweight alternatives so not sure why I'm pausing at the bag!
Kia Ora, We are wondering what people experiences is with Sierra Design Tents? Both good and bad, The reason why I ask is that we are looking at retailing them (however only if ...
I had a free version of the New Zealand Topo Maps on my smart phone. It gave my location free of charge and allowed me to map 3 routes. I've ...
1 2
Exped "Comfort Series" are great for those of us who like a bit of room in their bags. Various weights available
1 2
I would like to know how you get on with it as I am also 6'2" and looking for a similar tent. @lloydy how does the size work for you?
1 2
Certainly true Waynowski. For example the jackets they sold were the cheaper laminates (eg Venture) rather than their more expensive ones using Goretex membranes. But, then that was more the market ...
1 2 3 4
It's essentially the same boot. Lowa made some 'improvements' to the original about 18 months or so ago. I've compared the new one to my own - hardly a difference. ...
1 2
If you are sweating no hard shell jacket can breath quickly enough to keep you dry. Some do breath better then others, but it is barely noticeable in real life ...
For summer use I'd recommend a sleeping quilt, I got one last year from Polish outfit recommended by Ian above http://sleepingbags-cumulus.eu/uk/categories/sleeping-systems?cms_user=51cafb6d700077fe4e914590152c7f51 the Comforter 350, 560g. Teamed with lightweight silk sleeping liner it's ...
Bivouac was willing to send me several pairs of boots at once so I could try them on for fit, then I would return the unwanted boots for a refund. ...
get a jacket with vented pockets or pit zips, they let the moisture out better than any breathable membrane
I ended up getting a Lite line 400 sleeping bag from Cumulus in Poland. http://sleepingbags-cumulus.eu/uk/categories/sleeping-bags/lite-line-400?gid=61&vid=6 Thanks for the pointer from Lloydy. Took 11 days to arrive from pushing the button on their website. ...
1 2 3
the text capable devices are bigger, heavier, more expensive and require a paid subscription service, you literally pay by ttext volume. i've heard other stories of people having problems with ...
1 2 3 4
As expected, @Honora has it sussed... to carry both down and synthetic filled jackets. My PrimaLoft jacket (Outdoor Research) came with stretchy breathable side panels which means it's well suited ...
1 2 3
Another vote for the Ospreys. They make two sizes (we've got a kid on each) and are of high quality. I've not figured out why but, when on sale here (as ...
I would expect they work equally well on fires to a normal billy but once again though soot on the fins could be an issue and there is a chance ...
I see the routeburn classic race has been delayed a day due to bad weather
1 2 3
1. Condensation is a common issue; minimise by having as much ventilation as practical (vents open, fly flap open if not to cold or wet) - but if the humidity ...
That looks like something I'm after. Thanks Dave.
Ref, for anyone reading this years from now: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rotorua-daily-post/news/article.cfm?c_id=1503438&objectid=11612493
1 2
I agree about the comfort of keen boots. The most comfortable ive owned. Pity is I didn't own them for long because the soles are really brittle and fall to ...
1 2
Hi all Have just brought a second hand one and wondering of actual specs. Have seen one reference to - 15 but nor sure is comfort/limit or extreme rating? Help appreciated ...
Just purchased a KTI Safety Alert 406MHz Personal Locator Beacon from the link above as my old GME units battery was due for replacement. A great little unit and at ...
1 2
I'd recommend the Wild Country Zephyros 2 Lite tent from these guys, there's also plenty of other lightweight options to consider there, but the above is good compromise between weight, ...
Those are pretty spectacular screwups! And if you were relying on them ... dangerous ones at that. Personally I've owned a Garmin for some years and I only rely on it ...
176–200 of 570

Search the forums

Gear talk Gear lists, reviews, advice, maintenance.
Topics 570
Posts 8,001
Top contributors
Permanent link