Tracks, routes, and huts

1,051–1,075 of 1,237

Hi...can anyone provide first hand info on the high route across the Annette Plateau? We were thinking of hiking in late March; our main interest would be in the state of the glaciers and any ...
Where are you madpom im interested in this as well I plan a northern crossing in Jan and if all goes well will come down over the pinnacles and mcgregor its been more than afew ...
Yes I definitely wouldn't recommend staying in the plastic sheet building, it's not designed for that at all. It's absolutely a camp-site, plan to use your own shelter! :)
1 2
Gday all, has anyone been into the head waters of the Cook river? If so I would be very interested in talking to you. Cheers, Dave.
Thank You. I thought it was a 10 or so hour walk. I will keep your campsite spot in mind, I had read your track description before. Thank You Cheers Heather
Rain and wind twice. Wind and snow-cover once. The latter, I ran out of tussocks to hold onto every time the gusts hit once I reached the snowline ... Spent a total of 10 days ...
Thanks Madpom. Much appreciated. We will take a good look from the chopper to assess conditions, hopefully the February weather is kind to us.
Madpom it sounds like your nic is well earned! ;) I have a great deal of respect for anyone involved in that even and hope to one day spectate it if such is allowed or ...
1 2
Most farmers I have found are pretty good. You ask nicely and generally the permission is given. The OSH arguement has been negated. Apparently it is quite clear in the legislation that a farmer cannot ...
1 2
Hi shandz we tramped the Queen Charlotte Track in 2004 and did it the easy way. We only carried our daypack and sent the big pack on every day with the mail boat and stayed at ...
Hi thanks pmcke - for the update as well - great stuff.
Awesome story, Lindsay. Must have been quite an experience. Thanks for sharing!
1 2
Does it get any better as you head west along the ridgeline towards Pods Peak / Whanokao? Not much in the way of east-west valleys as an alternative to the ridgeline ...
Has anyone done any tramping in the Paparoas Northwest of Reefton or are familiar with ANY tracks in that area? I am looking to climb Mt Copernicus which is near Larry's Creek. I have heard that ...
Assuming you are starting at the Young River you may have up to 4 ways to get across. 1, Hire the jetboat from Makaroa (about $25pp with 3 passengers). 2, Cross just up at the confluence, 1st ...
Did this in 96, Golden Bay to Tewaewae Bay. Please get in touch ([Email address removed]) if you would like to. cheers
Has anyone here been able, or know someone who has been able to locate the hot spring somewhere on Isolation hill near Saw cut gorge. Have heard that it is on the side of a ...
HI everyone, Has anyone doen the Scott to KAy creek tramp near Glenorchy in Winter. I was in the area last week-end but couldn't really tell how much snow there was from the Routeburn road. MIght ...
Hi Crossed from the Watson to South Temple Summer 2009 - we bypassed the waterfall / gorge on the TR - emerged on the spur south of the hut. Nice trip. Attempting to cross back into the ...
cheers lew.
1 2
The Hollyford is a good one walk in and walk out 10 days.I did this one in March i only got 7 days due to a big storm,start at the Lower Hollyford road end walk ...
Hi all, Im looking at doing a route from Horace walker hut, along the top of the Regina, then along the Karangarua range, down Cassel hill to Cassel flat hut. The time of year will be ...
Actually, you can get around the intier Kepler in one day if you start at about 6am, back at the control gates by about 6pm! Maybe not in October, though!
We used to tramp in there way back in the 1970s. I haven't been there recently but it is great country. Our trips were often in the winter so it is certainly a place that ...
Im thinking Lindemann as a start and return as have family there. I might do a few of the loops first, yes it looks like a good area to get familiar with. Cheers.
1,051–1,075 of 1,237

Search the forums

Tracks, routes, and huts Ideas, plans, trip reports.
Topics 1,237
Posts 10,097
Top contributors
Permanent link