Tracks, routes, and huts

1,051–1,075 of 1,106

I'm confused by the accomodation choices on this track. We don't really want to stay at either of the two suggested huts, but do want to hike the track in ...
Well said pmcke. Hi filter. Take your thermals and your wets and give it a go. Although a bit of an alps person I really enjoy the central plateau and ...
1 2
thanks for your input, sounds like i should take DoC's advice. seems like the weather can be anything from fine to storming with snow! guess time will tell closer to ...
Hi Chris Here is more info go to the web site locatorbeacons.co.nz and you will find everything about the beacons
It's a long time since I have been there but I had a look a the angles using Google Earth. I expect you would get a worthwhile view of Aspiring ...
to petter1945:no sound mad if it was raining so much....when we had a hut day in Demon Trail Hut 2 drowned Japanese came, you could see huge waterfalls across the ...
1 2
The river is fairly steep sided just below the falls, as you will see from my description there is a bit of a bluff line to get down as you ...
I think Ledge's report above is going to be as up to date as you will get. Air Charter Taupo said they are not maintaining the track so, apart from ...
1 2
Did the Routeburn west to east recently with my 13 year old daughter. (The one in the photo) The 1st 2 days have a fair component of uphill, but not ...
Hey Skiveoff, love your profile pic!!! Cracked me up.
The only time I have done the trip right through was from west to east but that was in 1973!!! However I recall it was no problem, except we ran ...
Awesome, thanks dude.
There are camping spots in the Waitakeres, as well as Hunuas, info at ARC website for both parks. http://www.arc.govt.nz/parks/ Its not an easy to use site, but if you drill far enough ...
Anatoki Forks Hut has a hot shower too http://www.tramper.co.nz/?2265
Access from the hut to the Edwards River is straightforward. Then you travel up a small creek bed and at some point leave this to head to the saddle. I ...
I've done both routes (Cascade Saddle and the Waterfall face) and the Waterfall face is very exposed and as the DoC website says, it's definitely not nice to do descending ...
Hi Zaphod B. I've been up there quite a few times via various routes. The terrain is straightforward. There's a track called Don's Route from Duke Knob, over point 810 ...
Oh,how Dingle would have loved the beautiful Jill Tremain to be his missus but alas, she was just his buddy. They travelled from Foveaux Strait via jet boats to Milford ...
1 2
Has anyone ever been to Porters Beach on the Heaphy coast? I just noticed the short section of track which seems to lead over a small saddle near Heaphy bluff. ...
Thanks for that. We didn't have much flexibility with our dates and given the forecast for strong norwesterlies decided to go to eastern Richmond Ranges (Pelorus River and Dun Mountain) instead. ...
Cheers paul
hello both! thanks for the tips and infos... I'm more than up for off trail hiking and already practiced a lot in northern Scandinavia.. i just wanted to check what it ...
Ha! Mikeb will probably be Mike Burt who wrote the Bivouac article you mentioned.
Better late than never: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22233635@N00/sets/72157608980454939/
Check out the site aucklandtramping.org.nz for the easy way to find hardish tramps. We did a ten and a half hour one last Saturday. A hard off track in the ...
1,051–1,075 of 1,106

Search the forums

Tracks, routes, and huts Ideas, plans, trip reports.
Topics 1,106
Posts 9,250
Top contributors
Permanent link