Tracks, routes, and huts

1,001–1,025 of 1,237

The proper name for the Stumpy Stream hut is the Top Hut. It is in the South Ashburton river. Frank and I plan to do a circuit in there sometime via the head of the ...
Here you go GPS: -42.8295, 171.631333
Camping is good around Forks Hut. Sunny / grassy or under the edge of the bush. Not sure about Broderick
nnapurna Region * Annapurna Circuit Trek * Annapurna Sanctuary Trek * Ghorepani Poonhill Trek * Jomsom Muktinath Trek * Mardi Himal Trek * Royal Trek * Panchase Trek * Siklies Trek * Ghandruk Panorami...
Take a look at the coastal route from Cascade (south of Jackson Bay)to Martins Bay then link with the Hollyford track out to Te Anau. Allow 8 days approx. If you enjoy coastal scenery and ...
I was in the Tararua's last week. Didn't end up going over the pinnacles because the wind was pretty stong when we left tarn ridge and was predicted to get to gale force. Visibility was ...
1 2
Ive been on the Milford track in April, and in May. The early April trip had plenty of snow, with the hut warden on the verge of cutting steps for access over the pass. Our ...
te pukatea bay, 5 minutes from anchorage bay...very beautiful spot
I also got some detailed instructions and have loaded a track based on those into my GPS. Together we should be right. I am told Hurricane hut is a bit of an anticlimax anyway so ...
Hi Lisa, I'm so sorry, this comes very late! I only found this post right now. How have you fared in the quake? Hope you're good. Anyway: Yes, we did do that trip, and it was great! On ...
Yes, it's very flexible especially if you do carry a lightweight tarp. I've love to know how you got on. We flew into Mason's Bay last time and did an 11 day figure 8 of ...
Would recommend the Capils - so much more interesting with the forest and river to keep you company. Head for upper Capils Hut day one. The Greenstone I find is eather boring. Open grassy valley ...
Also Wairere falls near Matamata http://www.tramper.co.nz/?6496 just posted this yesterday. Just a warning about Kerosene Creek mentioned above. It is renowned being the haunt of theves. Best to have someone back at the van keeping an ...
Hallo, please is there any one with gpx file, or at least some waypoints for copland pass? Many thanks Cheers Libor
Yes, it has a well deserved reputation - I did the Routeburn then Greenstone in April 2009 - 5 days. The Routeburn (3 days) included 3 people not used to overnight tramping (the plan saw ...
We did not quite make it to the dome hut but we learned a few things. A GPS is great but when visibility bad it is east to go up a wrong ridge. We got ...
1 2 3
the 2nd day over Luxmore saddle will be the dry day. so beware if you only have 1L each. (ideally do this day in clear weather cause its the best view :-) at $50 a night, the ...
Hi, i'm a newbie to this forum. My wife and i are planning to do the kepler track in april. All our bushwalking experience has been in australia. We realise its late in the season ...
We have a 6 and a 5 year old and are looking for an easy tramp to a hut as a first introduction for them. If you can suggest something that is only an hour ...
Thanks for the tip John. Has anyone got any info on the route up Mt Franklin?
Hi all, would like to do the coastal part of the Heaphy and am wondering if it's possible to avoid walking back the same way. For example: Start at Kohaihai Bluff, walk along the coast, start walking ...
Hi everyone, we all know the Abel Tasman and Queen Charlotte Track. But despite my quite serious search, I seem to have a hard time to find many if any other nice coastal tracks - since there's ...
I'm planning a couple of tramps in April 2011, including a 5-day from Flora carpark via Mt Arthur, Gordons Pyramid, Leslie river, Baton Saddle to Baton Valley Rd. Looking at the maps, I see the poled ...
I'm planning a couple of tramps in April 2011, including a 5-day from Flora carpark via Mt Arthur, Gordons Pyramid, Leslie river, Baton Saddle to Baton Valley Rd. Looking at the maps, I see the poled ...
1,001–1,025 of 1,237

Search the forums

Tracks, routes, and huts Ideas, plans, trip reports.
Topics 1,237
Posts 10,097
Top contributors
Permanent link