Tracks, routes, and huts

1,026–1,050 of 1,237

The swingbridge which allows access to the Whitbourne valley and glacier was damaged during heavy weather in December. If planning a day trip from Dart Hut or extended tramping trip crossing the Whitborne glacier and ...
The swingbridge which allows access to the Whitbourne valley and glacier was damaged during heavy weather in December. If planning a day trip from Dart Hut or extended tramping trip crossing the Whitborne glacier and ...
We are hoping to climb Tahurangi this time from Whakapapa. I have been to the dome shelter twice. The last time two or three years ago. Last March we climbed Tahurangi from the Turoa side. ...
It looks like the South Island tops are going to be windy and the west is going to be wet. So I'm heading for Tarn Hut in the Lees Valley. Anybody else heading out?
We are hoping to climb Tahurangi this time from Whakapapa. I have been to the dome shelter twice. The last time two or three years ago. Last March we climbed Tahurangi from the Turoa side. ...
I had asked DOC in Te Anau 3 weeks ago about the Hollyford, especially because we had some very heavy rains lately. The lady at the counter said she had no notices that there was a ...
Maybe the Dusky sound track. It has trout and sea fishing. I did it years ago and caught a nice feed of cod at Supper cove.
3 of us are planning on doing the Wangapeka track on the 21,22,23and 24th of May. We plan on going from east to west. Happy to do a key and vehicle swap 1/2 way with equally ...
Years ago I did this tramp in the upper Ashley river. I walked up the river turned L at Tent gulley went up to Tarn Hut, stayed the night and then descended to Youngman stream ...
Hi there. We just finished the 3 passes. (held up 1 day with high rivers)There are a couple of options that we looked at. The taxi works out at about $80 to Hokitika and then you ...
Kirwans Hut. Which starts just outside Reefton. Follows a pack track up to a neat hut at the bushline. Coal supplied. On a fine day you can see all the way to Mt Cook. Inland ...
Hi, I just bought myself a smartphone, HTC Desire. Most Android phones come with GPS, and I have to say, it's really fun playing with it. With MyTracks I've been recording my bike rides across Christchurch. ...
Hamner/Rainbow should be ok up to tarnsdale for a typical car, vehicles near a bit of clearance past there.
Sounds like a must read (from the public library). I'll make sure I read it as I camped on my Fiordland traverse with Janet Macnab at the old hut site of Mr Murrell by the ...
1 2 3
ive answered my own question yes its fixed
So true, pmcke. I recall the Waiohine gorge where we waited for 2 hours in decreasing, light rain. Lisa Lee Johnson kept testing it and finally grabbed a pal and forged across. It was all ...
Ok, then it sounds like Bealey is definitely an anomaly, and I was glad to take advantage. We also went into the Blowfly/Blue River Hut to get out of the rain for christmas and it ...
Hey everyone. I want to do a track around Mt Egmond/ Mt Taranaki. I will probably do the track as DOC surgests, but with the availability of so many other sidetracks I might don it a ...
what part of the island whats your level of experince ?
Anywhere North of Torrent Bay is the best part of the park!
For some reason i was thinking of puketutu while describing the conditions at motutapere so deleted those comments the only track i havent been over in the last six months is between te rereatukahia and ...
If your planning on being in Fiordland you could look at the Dusky track. There will be less people doing the Dusky than the Milford or Routeburn as its not considered a 'Great Walk' - ...
My wife & I did a lot of trekking on the NI this past year. Some of our favorites were: 1) Cape Reinga Coastal walkway from Kaipowairua to at least Te Paki, or all the way ...
1 2
1,026–1,050 of 1,237

Search the forums

Tracks, routes, and huts Ideas, plans, trip reports.
Topics 1,237
Posts 10,097
Top contributors
Permanent link