Tracks, routes, and huts

1,176–1,200 of 1,237

I've been using Duraseal too on my maps for 13 years. It's light and makes them indestructable. You can fold them anyway you like without damage. I got a 15m roll of 900mm wide Duraseal ...
1 2 3
But tramping is better than sex
Andrew, thanks for the link. Will try cmc also Arthurs Pass mountaineering. Have tried floating it in the past - ok getting in and through the channels but always got knocked about trying to stop ...
Hi Peter, I havent put my thinking cap on for that yet. It will depend on what I get crossed of my list in the latter part of this year but will keep you posted!
1 2
I am new to this site but am planning a trip from Lewis Pass to Otira via the tops. I have previously been through the harper pass route. Have you or any one done the route ...
Try Moss creek Same area a bit overgrown and unfortunately you get to pass pinnacles hut on the way out but you could spend a day on tabletop good views of thames estuary from up ...
I'm confused by the accomodation choices on this track. We don't really want to stay at either of the two suggested huts, but do want to hike the track in the usual direction. Looks like if ...
Well said pmcke. Hi filter. Take your thermals and your wets and give it a go. Although a bit of an alps person I really enjoy the central plateau and the openness of it (big ...
1 2
thanks for your input, sounds like i should take DoC's advice. seems like the weather can be anything from fine to storming with snow! guess time will tell closer to the time. better start looking ...
Hi Chris Here is more info go to the web site locatorbeacons.co.nz and you will find everything about the beacons
It's a long time since I have been there but I had a look a the angles using Google Earth. I expect you would get a worthwhile view of Aspiring from bushline, as well as ...
to petter1945:no sound mad if it was raining so much....when we had a hut day in Demon Trail Hut 2 drowned Japanese came, you could see huge waterfalls across the lake and the next day ...
1 2
The river is fairly steep sided just below the falls, as you will see from my description there is a bit of a bluff line to get down as you approach the river. I havn't really ...
I think Ledge's report above is going to be as up to date as you will get. Air Charter Taupo said they are not maintaining the track so, apart from a few more millimeters of ...
1 2
Did the Routeburn west to east recently with my 13 year old daughter. (The one in the photo) The 1st 2 days have a fair component of uphill, but not too demanding assuming a reasonable ...
Hey Skiveoff, love your profile pic!!! Cracked me up.
The only time I have done the trip right through was from west to east but that was in 1973!!! However I recall it was no problem, except we ran all the way down from ...
Awesome, thanks dude.
There are camping spots in the Waitakeres, as well as Hunuas, info at ARC website for both parks. http://www.arc.govt.nz/parks/ Its not an easy to use site, but if you drill far enough you will find camping and ...
Anatoki Forks Hut has a hot shower too http://www.tramper.co.nz/?2265
Access from the hut to the Edwards River is straightforward. Then you travel up a small creek bed and at some point leave this to head to the saddle. I recall you need to make ...
I've done both routes (Cascade Saddle and the Waterfall face) and the Waterfall face is very exposed and as the DoC website says, it's definitely not nice to do descending in the rain. I would ...
Hi Zaphod B. I've been up there quite a few times via various routes. The terrain is straightforward. There's a track called Don's Route from Duke Knob, over point 810 and up to the bushline. ...
Oh,how Dingle would have loved the beautiful Jill Tremain to be his missus but alas, she was just his buddy. They travelled from Foveaux Strait via jet boats to Milford Sound and then walked from ...
1 2
Has anyone ever been to Porters Beach on the Heaphy coast? I just noticed the short section of track which seems to lead over a small saddle near Heaphy bluff. Is this track useable? is ...
1,176–1,200 of 1,237

Search the forums

Tracks, routes, and huts Ideas, plans, trip reports.
Topics 1,237
Posts 10,097
Top contributors
Permanent link