Tracks, routes, and huts

1,226–1,237 of 1,237

Have no problem tramping alone. Don't mind if people are few and far between, but I am safety conscious, and some tramps it is wiser to travel with someone. I think this would be one. Many ...
Hey there, We've just walked the length of New Zealand. Just updated our website with route information. www.nzunderfoot.com You may find some other useful information there. We're happy to answer any questions if you have ...
DZtramping Seems to me that all the walks you intend taking are featured in "North Island Weekend tramps" I have been making my way steadily through this book for the last two years and have found it ...
I am interested in hearing about different routes on Mt Franklin (Nelson Lakes). Have not been there myself and would like to do it as part of the Travers-Sabine circuit. Have heard there are a ...
I go with Aardvark here. Moirs Guide North is the book you want. It describes all sorts of places, many of them rarely visited.
If you are over Westport way I can recommend an overnight trip or daywalk to "Happy Valley". Happy Valley is an unofficial name for an interfluve at the head of the Waimangaroa River. It is ...
My partner and i thought it was a fantastic daywalk one summer. Probably took us close to 10 hrs.Had to hitchhike back to car at the end though. Aardvark
The pelorus or Wakamarina in Marlborough are excellent swimming rivers. Deep super clear pools. If you go upstream 2-3 ponds from any access spots I doubt you would be distubed. Especially in the Wakamarina. The pelorus ...
Hi all, The MSC are reconsidering how compass use is taught. There is a move to teach the grid north method, as opposed to the magnetic. In the grid north method you do not do any ...
I see madpom has answered this -- it is trampable. Thanks madpom. Bruce.
The Queen Charlotte track's easy walking (though a few climbs from sea level up to about 450m) with great views of the sounds. Lots of swimming spots, fairly busy and no huts but good campsites ...
Has anybody done this track west of Arthur's Pass? I am just adding some notes about it, but missed the turn off in the lower Rocky Creek and would like to add a comment about ...
1,226–1,237 of 1,237

Search the forums

Tracks, routes, and huts Ideas, plans, trip reports.
Topics 1,237
Posts 10,095
Top contributors
Permanent link