Tracks, routes, and huts

1,076–1,100 of 1,237

If there's no more left, might be able to print off what you want from here... http://www.topomap.co.nz/TopoMap?v=1&x=0.5318309020147259&y=0.43419141801739286&z=98.18912796682203
Don't go stumbling out in the dark looking for the privy at 25 Mile Hut. You'll likely end up falling off a bluff into the chasm of the gorge, be very cautious.
Hey there, I'm doing the Cass-Lagoon Circuit over this weekend (2 days) with the University of Canterbury Tramping club. We are planning on doing the route anti-clockwise as in the Tramping Club newsletter it says "Do ...
Yep, DoC says Moa Park Hut is now a shelter, not for accommodation. I think it had benches around the edges and no bunks.
Good luck Paul, I am hoping to do the South island section of Te Araroa at the end of 2011 and i look forward to hearing how your trip goes
Here's more information about Mitre Peak: http://southernalps.wordpress.com/2010/04/25/mitre-peak-m1683/
Perhaps 'Dragonfly Pk' near to South Albert Burn Saddle. Thare's a footbridge just upstream of Cameron Flat, bridges near to Junction Flat. You needn't get your feet wet.Haha. One needs more detail on location, transport, ...
There are hundreds of moutains and there are dozens of clubs. What resources will you have on hand and have you transport available?
Hi People, Thanks for the comments. Yes the Thousand Acre Plateau is a beautiful place. It looks like we will spend a few days based around Kiwi Saddle Hut. Looks like there could be interesting camping ...
If you think leatherwood is hard to bash through, then you want to try sub alpine stunted pine - you'll come out covered in blood & sticky sap. Best avoided. Fantastic area, tho
At the moment the ice and snow that was on it a couple weeks ago has gone and people were getting down ok, but the current forecast is for snow to low levels so it ...
Hmm...short days, valleys that don't see the sun for months. Not sure about that! Maybe pmcke has been to Fiordland in the winter and could comment.
Hi everyone again, I need to clear up an error I made: I mixed up the report about the chimney fire in the Heritage Lodge in the Ruahines in 2005 with the recent fire of Anne River ...
1 2
Hi Paul.I was in the Travers valley last October around Labour weekend.Around the upper valley there was still quite a lot of snow and in fact at the back of Upper Travers hut there was ...
I was there in early March this year and the road was fine, unless the winter has damaged it since any 2 wheel car would be OK. We MTBed to Ces Clarke and back and ...
A DOC brochure to download with a lot of good info about the Kaimais and surrounding area. http://www.doc.govt.nz/upload/documents/parks-and-recreation/tracks-and-walks/bay-of-plenty/kaimai-to-coast-brochure.pdf
Reply to actual question - tracks are ok - few bits where you have to hold on to roots etc - but after heavy rain would be slippery in parts (mt auckland and tamahunga) more ...
bmackz... Do you want to update the track notes at http://www.tramper.co.nz/?2900
Maybe you could phone ahead and have them also turn the heat up at the hot pools and ensure your towels are laid out and ready.
Or even just go from one of the road ends to the summit and then down to another part of the circuit that leads you back to the road end where you started. I've done ...
Hi all, Have a week to do a trip somewhere in the South island in June, and am looking for ideas. Already done a fair amount of stuff in Arthurs pass, so looking south from there ...
Hey all :) New here and hope someone can help me with guidance on the logistics of getting into Wagon Creek on the coast via the Tiropahi River track. I'd be going in for a ...
Best time! If you were to choose the road taken because it seems easiest you will not learn nearly as much as if you chose the road unknown. I wonder if they still fly out ...
On my website are a few trips starting at Karamea. www.freewebs.com/hellmission/ You could go up the gorge to Greys Hut about 6-8 hours one way. Don't go in there when its flooding. from there you could ...
1,076–1,100 of 1,237

Search the forums

Tracks, routes, and huts Ideas, plans, trip reports.
Topics 1,237
Posts 10,097
Top contributors
Permanent link