Tracks, routes, and huts

926–950 of 1,237

also doc.govt.nz lists walks around the country in the national parks
3k appx north of Cromwell..Lowburn Valley Rd..2k right into Swann Rd..2k left onto DOC access to Pisa Conservation Area and the Cromwell - Cardrona Pack Track. Above Meg hut is Touhy saddle and a route ...
Hi, does anyone know if this track can currently be accessed? DoC are telling people that logging is taking place there at the moment but they may not be sure of this. If logging is ...
The land to the south used to be under control of Helisika. Yes, best check with DOC on the latest.
1 2 3
Woops, just looked at the DoC website. New Siberia hut is due to open December 20th 2011. Hmmm well guess you wont need to camp then unless you want to!
I did it in march and thought it was great. the main problem was transport
Thank you for these precisions. For France, I use : http://www.visugpx.com/editgpx/ On this website, you can see every hiking track and you can draw yours. When you have created the track you wanna do, you click on ...
TP, have forwarded my email via this site as the system removes emails from posts to prevent spam. Frank
Hello, I ll be travelling in south island from 25/12 to 04/01. I would like to hike for a few days and do fly fishing. Could you advice which track is the best to do fly fishing ...
Thanks for all your help - sounds like we might be taking the gear just in case! Will have a look at Muir's guide as well to see if there is anymore info.
The main thing is you used commonsense. Today i was to the top of Mt Holdsworth on an absolute stunning day , light NE wind ,bit of clag in the Wairarapa early but cleared pm ...
Planning on doing the RTM and NC combined in February. I have done the traditional NC before, including the peaks etc. but this time I'd like to explore some alternate routes in the area. Last ...
Hi Izogi - thanks so much for the info - sounds doable - will read those (your) links too - for more background - thanks :)
we just returned from 3rd trip Leslie-Karamea .still as great as ever, 6 days starting at the Flora and finishing westcoast side . only rain we struck was at night hot and fine during day. ...
I am planning on doing the whanganui great walk on water on December 12th. I am a novice kayaker/canoer and would really like to try to pair up with others doing this trip without having ...
you could stash some food down at the road end whre the greeenstone meets wakatipu, or se if tracknet will being some food in and meet them there. cascade track has been upgraded on hte greenstone ...
Has anyone done the six-foot track in Te Urewera NP,going through Maungapohatu Village and coming out at the Waimana end? I am hoping to do this tramp around Feb.
Yeah i went in from waipakihi road anout 4 hours in and camped in the bush last weekend, was awesome. I heard that it was beautiful further up and a good walk in and out. ...
You should be fine - we were just down there doing Kepler and it wasn't too bad re the snow. Lots going over McKellar Saddle but that will all have melted. Routeburn still a bit ...
Sounds like a good plan. Dart Hut can be massively overcrowded at times. The night we spent at the gravel/boulder flats (about 10-15 minute hike shy of Dart Hut), there were 20-30 people over-capacity at ...
Wow - MOST do the loop. OK Thanks for that. It surprises me that so many do it in the winter, and that its so crowded people need a tent - most huts are 12 ...
Oh yes, I was assuming you would break in the middle. Otherwise Yarmoss' suggestion is great.
Thanks for your info. Went down after Labour weekend and there was almost no snow, just a few tiny patches. Had fabulous weather for the trip, just a little breezy.
thanks mikiejhinton
The Waitakere Tramline Track? ... http://www.topomap.co.nz/NZTopoMap/trck36174/Waitakere%20Tramline%20Track/Auckland
926–950 of 1,237

Search the forums

Tracks, routes, and huts Ideas, plans, trip reports.
Topics 1,237
Posts 10,097
Top contributors
Permanent link