Decent 1 man + dog tent on a budget

Hey guys. I'm starting to do little over nighter trips, just me and my dog. Now that it's going to start getting wet and cold I thought I'd buy myself a little tent. I'm not really sure about the prices of tents, or where to go for quality. However it'll only be used up north, and mainly in the bush. Lighter is important for me as I can't do big loads on my back and water proof! I cannot sleep when wet, lol. Just me and my dog, if he doesn't stink too bad. I want to spend $200 or less, or am I being too cheap? Would anyone have any recommendations for me? Not sure what is important other than I don't want the sticky bits to break :) Thanks in advance, Murdoch
Given that dogs generally don't do doors, nor wipe their muddy paws, I'd go for a nice decent sized flysheet.
He'll learn anything I take the time to teach him. Also this may sound weird but he was raised with cats, when ever I take him to the muddy park, he cleans himself by the time we get home. It's really weird, but I think he hates mud on his paws more than I do. I can open the door for him, if it means less water inside, a door is ok.
For a $200 top end budget you could try the Kiwi Camping Pukeko. Not light for a single person tent at 2.1kg but there should be enough room for you both.
That looks like something I'm after. Thanks Dave.

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Gear talk
Started by Murdoch
On 14 April 2016
Replies 4
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown