Your favourtie Socks

Interested to know what you guys are using and where you got them from. With heavy boots, trail shoes etc.
15 comments
11–15 of 15

Alp socks from the warehouse. I have about six pairs of their merino tramping socks. They are still going strong and I have been using them everyday for years. For fifteen bux a pair they are fantastic.
I bought some merino/possum combination. Thought they were great until the first trip with them. All the possum fur fell out left just the merino which looked a bit like a screen door. Didn't bother trying a repeat.
Possum/merino socks dry incredibly quickly but as an owner, you need to be keen on darning! I'll use my retired possum/merino hut socks as winter tramping socks. They are high maintenance though.
My favourite socks at the moment are Icebreaker Hike+. Probably not quite as durable (or cheap) as standard wool socks but they fit very nicely and are anatomically designed (they have a left & right foot). Never have any problems with rubbing or blisters, and I like the weight of them - not too hot but not too thin either.
I`m a Bridgedale fan.Expensive,yes but they really perform,and are durable.The `Summit` model is thicker & suits my outdoor needs.Though the quicker they wear out means you`re on the hill more.Socks or boots last longest when they`re left in the cupboard.
11–15 of 15

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Gear talk
Started by chriss
On 17 January 2016
Replies 14
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown