Tracks, routes, and huts

951–975 of 1,237

Halfway Saddle looks pretty straightforward.
I see the guide book allows about 11 hours. I think it would have taken us quite a bit lessfor that section, going in the reverse direction which is quicker. Certainly we did from Park ...
Has anyone been into Veil Biv from Erewhon station? If so, do we need to pre-arrange access and how long does the tramp up the river take? Thanks,
Hi there.. I'm in New Zealand for half a year, and in this weekend I would something like a half day walk about 50-70 km from Dunedin.. One possibility I have found is around Mt. Fortune in ...
Thanks, much appreciated.
Yes- you can camp almost anywhere. Exclusions are: - Within 500m of a great walk - Within 200m or a road in an area designated as 'no freedom camping' by DOC or the local council - Within 100m ...
1 2
Hi Myron, Palmers Track to Mt Hobson starts at the top of the Okiwi Hill. Depending on where you're staying you can either catch the People and Post bus from the south to drop you off ...
Without knowing how experienced or fit you are no one can give a sensible suggestion. If you have the experience for a remote solo winter trip, you will have some good ideas of your own. The ...
Sefton Biv
Can also add: - Cascade / greenstone (through trip of one or loop of both) - Routeburn
I did indeed mean Mt. Juno! Thanks for your help.
Hello, I'm planning to book some great walks as Milford Track, Abel Tasman Coast Track, Te Urewera National Park, Tangoriro National Park. I travel alone so I'd like to know if there will be a guide ...
It should be, Ive done it in August. Really pays to just check conditions prior to your trip. We had no snow, or any rain, with just the odd patch of ice along the edge ...
Easily done bernieq especially when the same thing is called by different names. I suppose for a true Coast to Coast madpoms suggested routes should start at the coast. From Hokitika beach it is a ...
1 2
hey, we did a cool loop in that area, which would solve your car problem (in and out at the pines) but was up on the tops so not so good with all the snow ...
1 2
Years ago hunter Bert Cropp walked from SH73 at Klondyke Corner near Arthurs Pass to the Lake Kaniere - Kokatahi roadend behind Hokitika in one day. This was done via the well known Three Pass ...
Hello. I'm Sean from South Korea. I was a student in Auckland and I'd finished my school. So I'm travelling now before getting back to Korea on 12th, August. Travelling itself in New Zealand is fantastic. I ...
What's the condition of this route these days, are there any sections that are of concern? Cheers
Thanks everyone!!! Makes it a lot easier!!!
Emma ended up doing heaps on the West Coast instead.
Confirmed -- DoC says in the July 12th alerts: "Tutuwai Hut has sustained major damage due to tree fall and is closed until further notice. (Wairarapa Area Office Ph 06 377 0700)"
Having some problems with your combination of criteria: circular (or through), 2 day, vehicle accessible. Can think of dozens of great tramps in the area, but ... - Big country in this area means that 2-day ...
Hi, I'm DAIGO. I'm looking for any information regarding kepler track in spring season(September). Because in this september, I could get one month day off, so now I'm cordinating plan to try some south island's tracks especialy Kepler ...
Thanks Militaris, Think we might check the farm guy out, and ask nicely, car aint flash but its a heck of a walk back to Christchurch in the event the car got vandalized!!!
Yes, it's not marked on the map but it runs on the true right of Camp Stream from the peak by Stag Saddle.
951–975 of 1,237

Search the forums

Tracks, routes, and huts Ideas, plans, trip reports.
Topics 1,237
Posts 10,097
Top contributors
Permanent link