Tracks, routes, and huts

826–850 of 1,237

Really enjoyed our first walk out here just before Christmas looking forward to further excursions this year
Hi, thanks for your reply, we went to Nelson Lakes instead this time but I always have Kaikoura on the back up trip list in case of norwesterly weather
Yes, there may be some obligation to cart out your poop but I'd check with DoC on that, if you're concerned. http://www.doc.govt.nz/parks-and-recreation/national-parks/aoraki-mount-cook/plan-and-prepare/pack-it-out-poo-pots/
Yup, that's generally the way it's done. Good call.
does anyone have a copy of the series "Explorers" from peter elliot? I wanted a personal copy on DVD and i asked TVNZ and they told me they cant release it on DVD due to a ...
1 2 3
slight chance, but i wouldnt bet on it there at this time of year. http://www.mountain-forecast.com/peaks/Mt-Tapuaenuku/forecasts/1000 http://www.metservice.com/national/maps-rain-radar/rain-radar-forecasts/rain-forecast-3-day
Thanks! The Mt Travers route just next door is also a nice one.
So I headed up the Roding River, into United Creek and kept going until it got silly. Then I climbed a slip beneath Monster Mine, bushbashed for a bit, then pushed up into the mineral ...
Finally a reply. Unfortunately it doesnt help. As stated above it confirms the Mangatepopo road as a park road rather than a legal road so Doc can close if they wish. Hi Alan I’ve finally ...
Westland usually gets its first big dump of snow that stays there any time from the first to third week of May. Last year there was quite a good fall near the beginning of May ...
So that was your boot prints I saw. The biggest holes were above the Snowy buts thats a reasonable gorge in places. Only 3 or 4 places where there was no wading option ie swim ...
I've been lucky enough to spend a couple of nights in a rock bivvy at Kea Basin and I'd like to take my girlfriend to one somewhere in the N.I (closer to AKL the better) ...
Hey glennj, thanks very much for that detailed reply. That is exactly the kind of information we were after. The route sounds doable. We will probably head up Park Stream early to check on conditions. If ...
Bernieq you can contact me at joe dot ngapo at clear dot net dot nz. I could then send you some photos, etc through email.
1 2
Forgot to mention Roys Peak - fabulous day walk just out of Wanaka.
Thanks for the tips Glenn. Explorer Hut this weekend if the weather allows.
A tree fell through the roof of Rockburn Hut on Saturday. It was already rather rough, and now it is closed. Trampers are advised to carry tents. More information (note the Stuff website incorrectly describes the ...
Hi walkingeverywhere, I have to agree with the others here that you should probably avoid Ruapehu and Tahurangi. However, to get back to your original question, here are some of my recommendations: The West Coast of the ...
1 2 3
Just wanted to say thanks for all the help I got from you guys. Unfortunately Rees-Dart wasn't very reasonable to do with one of the bridges not ready to be installed, and the Wanaka DOC ...
1 2 3 4 5
Thanks guys & gal,Thanks for your input.Yes,it`s Lake Stream Hut,as per your post,Yarmoss.We`re heading up to Nelson for a week & a mate wanted to have a look;be rude not to go with him.As for ...
I suggest you do something alpine, or that goes into the alps as apart from the Kepler eveything you've done so far is low altititude or volcanic. A trip up to Mueller hut by Mt Cook ...
Hurunui Hut(how long depends on your vehicle and whether gate open to public) with 4.5km walk to hot pools (one and a half hours away). Pinnacles Hut at the other end of the Mt Somers w/w. ...
jpg. up now titled NZFS Worsley Pass etc.
1 2
From Homer Hut on Milford Road - Talbot-McPherson Traverse. A strictly scrambling/alpine event, with tonnes of exposure. Scramble up Talbot's ladder to McPherson Peak - cross the glacier to Traverse Pass, down from Talbot to ...
Teapot, see the 2003 volume of the NZAC Journal - pp. 36-40. We describe a trip up the Landsborough over Douglas Pass and round the TR of Lake Douglas on a high sidle above the ...
826–850 of 1,237

Search the forums

Tracks, routes, and huts Ideas, plans, trip reports.
Topics 1,237
Posts 10,095
Top contributors
Permanent link