Tracks, routes, and huts

326–350 of 1,237

I often have a little sponge down before bedtime. Sometimes you can heat the water up on top of the stove in those steel ash buckets. I'm too much of a wuss to think about ...
1 2
It does, of waikato farmland. and some very slippery up and down sections with mud at this time of year.
Fair enough.
Ok, so here's the thing; I've made the conscious decision to give up my trip to Nepal (including losing all costs) in order to get all my crap in one sock before beginning a Bachelor ...
The reason ive always encouraged people to do a snowcraft course, is that based on my observations of people I see on the slopes, neither ice axe or crampons are intuitive to use. Without training ...
1 2
From a book I got through Freecycle referring to Quill's climb of the falls : "Quill had to be a human fly to inch his way 1,094 feet up the rock walls". "On 15 January, 1891 ...
I've met a guy in NW Nelson, surname Young?, who told me he's been all through that country in winter and climbed nearly every peak in Kahurangi and Nelson Lakes. I was interested to hear ...
i have nothing else to say about teh current govt than expletives, theres little good about what they are doing with conservation, any other political party is unlikely to do a worse job...
1 2
Just the info I was looking for stunted thanks a lot.
1 2 3 4
@gaiters is spot on. I avoid the Kawekas during the roar, way too many idiots with guns around. Having said that, if you head north towards Kaweka North there's a little hanging valley off the ...
This has just come from the NZ4WD association. There is more information at http://www.stratford.govt.nz/images/Agendas/Annual-Plan-2017-18---Website-DRAFT.pdf and http://www.stratford.govt.nz/images/District_Plan/Stratford-2035-Future-of-Whangamo...
Came across a reference to Camp Creek Bivvy. Camp Creek apparently runs into the Te Hoe River. Can't find any reference to Camp Creek on topo map. However it is somewhere downstream of the Central ...
"North Bound" ?
1 2 3
Sounds like the heli-pilot had a tough job, then, to pick up on Sunday in what sounds like an unpleasant clag. Good thing they had a PLB. Hopefully, we will hear some detail about what went ...
The track is now partially open - great news! Last year I walked from Onepoto to Korokoro on day 1, it's a good climb up and down but quite easy to do in about 6 ...
Just back from a long winter working in the Canadian Arctic. While it was an exotic and interesting adventure, I missed my home a lot. NZ Tramper has really filled big gap during long hard ...
1 2
.... and, yes, rest is the recommendation for shingles - he didn't get a lot of that !
Mount Arthur was my New Years trip but might be worth a geez and exploring a bit wider. I think the hot pool suggestion sounds the best option thus far.
@Clint: cheers, and just to reassure you, it wouldn't take 4 hours in the dark but there might be some dark for the last hour or so if you leave the car around 3pm.
Above Welcome Flat Hut the Copland gets much less use. I'd guess that 20% or less than that of those that go to Welcome Flat carry on to Douglas Rock Hut and then most of ...
1 2
Let's not dis rail this person thread
1 2
That was a hilarious thread on Permolat to read. So much conjecture and accusations of photoshopping.
I did hear back from Sarah Ensor in DoC. She confirmed the Lees Valley address as being the replacement for the Grasslands one and asked me to try and ensure the message was out there.
@gaiters: I feel your pain. My muttly did a bit of tramping with us and she was trained to ignore birds. We were rounding up the chooks once and she decided to give us a ...
1 2
http://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/90636691/popular-kauaeranga-valley-tramping-tracks-devastated-by-storm
326–350 of 1,237

Search the forums

Tracks, routes, and huts Ideas, plans, trip reports.
Topics 1,237
Posts 10,095
Top contributors
Permanent link