Tracks, routes, and huts

1,201–1,225 of 1,237

Thanks for that. We didn't have much flexibility with our dates and given the forecast for strong norwesterlies decided to go to eastern Richmond Ranges (Pelorus River and Dun Mountain) instead. Had brilliant sunny weather there ...
Cheers paul
hello both! thanks for the tips and infos... I'm more than up for off trail hiking and already practiced a lot in northern Scandinavia.. i just wanted to check what it oculd be like down there ...
Ha! Mikeb will probably be Mike Burt who wrote the Bivouac article you mentioned.
Better late than never: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22233635@N00/sets/72157608980454939/
Check out the site aucklandtramping.org.nz for the easy way to find hardish tramps. We did a ten and a half hour one last Saturday. A hard off track in the Warawara a month ago. Fast ...
Hi Scottish, As Monkeyshine as said above the Tararuas offer weekend trips or longer to cater for any fitness level over a wide variety of terrain and weather conditions. Some of the classic trips are: The southern ...
Cheers nzbazza. Hadn't even considered Tutuwai Hut. Looks good and a fairly straightforward track. Cheers for the info.
That's fine, great to help. I have only been in the Rangitikei once and that was comming back from Boyd Lodge once. We planned to camp in the Waipakihi but it was 3pm before we ...
Tom: Hmmm... I've hikes across NZs Nrth Island from East to West- took 11 weeks to cover approx 700 Km (not to mention the vertical ascents in climbing the 8 highest peaks) A lot of days were ...
Thanks for the suggestions, will do some research on the doc website about the tracks mentioned, cheers everyone
Try the Cobb Valley, up to Round lake, nice area and lots of huts/flatness....
Hi, we are looking for a nice trek during the first week of November. The week before we want to visit the Abel Tasman park. My wife is pregnant, but still pretty fit. So it should ...
Hmm...thanks Peter. It's great to have this forum for some local knowledge. Perhaps I'll just stick to a few overnighters...
No probs. So do I - every day :)
1 2
I'd take that info from DOC with a grain of salt. They told me the C&G nearby was "really bad with a lot of windfall, it'll take you double the time for each day". When ...
Many thanks for all that Wet Boots, That looks great and I'll check out all the links when I have a moment next week. Just packing for the weekend. Running in Welsh mountains Saturday and ...
Try http://www.rankers.co.nz/tag/3675-Walking_and_Trekking?region=6 You will need to signup to read reviews. If you are looking for personal reviews of individual guides I'm not aware of any site in NZ which provides this. But to become a guide ...
Does anyone know what the condition of the track into Lake Daniels is like at the moment after all this rain and snow we have had lately , I am thinking of heading in there ...
Ah yes, Dore Pass, been over there many times but not for a long time. I did once cross it in waist deep snow May, we went like the clappers because of the avelanche risk. ...
My nine year old son and I have just completed his first overnight tramp,we went up to the Atiwhakatu hut from the Holdsworth lodge.I can't recommend this wee walk enough for introducing the young uns ...
I have to say for the first time ever i walked away from a climb when i found out 1/ how much i had to pay and 2/ just how restrictive it would be. I ...
One of my favorites is to go in at The Cascades, park at road end, past the golf course (Map and Information next to car park).Then start from the car park cross the bridge to ...
Try the walk up to the pinnacles in the coromandel comming back via billy gaot track
Hi, try these (some of my favourites). You'll need a map to follow these instructions. These trips are all a bit shorter than 4-5 hours, except for the Whangarei Heads one which is about 4-5. Tawharanui Regional ...
1,201–1,225 of 1,237

Search the forums

Tracks, routes, and huts Ideas, plans, trip reports.
Topics 1,237
Posts 10,097
Top contributors
Permanent link