Tramping partners

126–150 of 614

I could do it Thursday Nov 19. And there are bunks available. But I have a flight from Queenstown Saturday so that doesn't give me any flexibility. Do you know what the conditions are like ...
try the facebook TA groups, some people walk the molesworth station road as an alternative https://www.facebook.com/groups/26638669574/?fref=ts https://www.facebook.com/groups/331282517067645/?fref=ts
Just a plug for the Swift Water Awareness course eight SAR members attended over last weekend.I`ve crossed a few rivers over the years but Keith Riley(Hokitika) & Jarren really put us through our paces.(Tai Potini ...
That's classic PhilipW :) I wonder if we haven't lost something with health & safety being what it is now? Maybe a bit of that still goes on, but it's on the hush hush.
Sorry, it's Saturday 31 Oct not Sunday.
Is anyone else looking to do the Heaphy Track east to west in these dates? We are looking for a non-commercial alternative to getting a car to the end and drop off at the beginning. ...
theres a "auckland yuf faction" tramping club on facebook, mainly but not entirely young adults and teens. AUT also has a tramping club i believe, other large educational institutions could have them they should accept outsiders
https://www.facebook.com/groups/26638669574/?fref=nf
Hi, Thank you so much for these, I did know about the first one, but not about the groups.. That's absolutely perfect ! Cheers
Hi, My wife (63) and I (61) want to walk the 4 day Banks Penisula Track and found they are offering a 3 for the price of 2 in November. Normal price is $295 per person, ...
@PhillipW Haha I never go light I'm the one frying up half a kg of bacon for breakfast comfort is number one priority for me
1 2 3
hey guys I live in hamilton and am always willing to get out and walk the tracks message me on my facebook page if you would like ideas and any help when you are in ...
"The other trick is to combine salt and sugar together in foods, they cancel each others sickliness out, but it still over stimulates they hypothalamus and the appetite creating greater hunger, common food industry strategy to ...
1 2 3
Just found a link to a good account of Te Araroa, with some good pics and info. In particular they point out the problems of getting across rivers and there's one shot of the guy ...
1 2
Maybe they got a 4 bike one cheaper than a two bike one. Maybe a family of four takes their bikes on holidays just for a bit of a trundle. Doesn't make them cyclists. Maybe ...
Hello members, I have just completed the 500 mile Colorado Trail for the 3rd time in July. During the walk I thought that members might be interested in leaning about hiking this trail. When I ...
Hi anyone keen to do the northern circuit walk at Tongariro this week? Weather looks to be great tues - thursday. I will be driving down from Auckland so can either share a lift from here ...
Hi! I'll be doing the Heaphy Track from 20th - 23rd July (flexible with dates) and am looking for a lift from Nelson to the start of the track in Golden Bay if anyone is going ...
Hi, I’m an Australian travelling around NZ and I’m thinking of doing the Abel Tasman Coast Track over 3-4 days. Looking for someone to join me between 18 - 21 July 2015. Will depend on ...
He got it. His reply was simple and to the point. (I quote - but have taken licence to change a certain word, although you know what it was): "Why don't you go #$@! yourself"! So yes, he ...
1 2 3
Hi I am going to be in Nelson Area on the Thursday June 4th - 5th or maybe 6th. Would like to do a 2 day hike somewhere in the area, either Nelson Lakes, or ...
Hi all I am keen to do Routeburn week of 17-14 may... flying to Qtown on 17 may so can start 18th if suits? anyone can text me on 021778813 to plan :) cheers
Camera Gully is a good quick route to climb Gloriana and Faerie Queen. We went up direct to the tarn in snow and avoided the obvious avalanche trap routes to the west and east of ...
Hey Bombermonk! It would be great if you still want to join me and Julia, a german girl that I just met. We planned to start the track monday. Send me an email it will be ...
if it snows or rains hard, the climb to liverpool hut can be dangerous.
126–150 of 614

Search the forums

Tramping partners Looking for somebody to go tramping with? Post a message here.
Topics 614
Posts 2,889
Top contributors
Permanent link