Anyone else walking North island this Fall?

Howdy! I'm Arlen and I'm considering walking just the North Island this Fall and wanted to get a feel for other people who were walking that time and might be looking for a partner. I'm 19 and walked the Camino de Santiago this Spring, completely amazing and a must do for any adventurer. I'm fit to keep up and have experience walking long distances from the Camino but I didn't camp very often in Spain. I could do it alone but even the most experienced hiker could get hurt from a simple accident and its better to have someone to watch your back. Thanks and as we said in Spain Buen Camino!
I'm starting out at Cape Reinga on the 8th or 9th September (land in Auckland on the 7th). You may have run into some friends of mine on the trail. Brett and Petra? (Well, I know Brett, and Petra is his wife, whom I haven't met yet). :)
Hi, I'm Alex 33 from Germany and starting from Cape Reinga on the 24th or 25th of October - probably for the start just from Cape Reinga to Kaitaia. Afterwards I will do some smaller walks and some of the greater ones - I already booked Tongariro Northern Circuit and Abel Tasman. Besides this I'm also keen on the Routeburn- and Kepler-Track. My hiking experiences are limited to the Harzer-Mountains in Germany (did some day and overnight trips). Would be great to find a hiking mate for one or some walks.
Hi, I'm Michael, 25, from Germany and I arrive in Auckland on 17th September. Shortly after that I would love to get out of the city and into the countryside, walking and exploring this beautiful country. Physically I am fit and strong, but I don't really have any experience beyond day hikes. But hey, everyone has to start out somewhere. I am enthousiastic, it would be great to do some hiking together with you (of one of you) guys!
@micha1234 : I'm Jenny, 27yo from France. I'm landing in Auckland on 21st of September. I'll be there for 6 weeks and I'd like to find some mates to do multi days hike with me. I'm quite similar than you, I've never really try more than one day hike. So I'll feel having some people to walk would be safer and way funnier ! If you're interested, we can see if our plan can fit and if we could meet somewhere on the way ! Let me know ! Jenny
hey guys I live in hamilton and am always willing to get out and walk the tracks message me on my facebook page if you would like ideas and any help when you are in the area https://www.facebook.com/SAnewzealand

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by Arlen Longstrider
On 26 July 2015
Replies 5
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown