Tramping partners

151–175 of 614

Hi, I'm Kevin (51) an experienced Kiwi tramper. I have hiked and climbed extensively in NZ and offshore. I'm currently Wellington based and looking to do some low key easy-medium hut based North Island trips ...
It's quite achievable to do the NWC in 9 days, especially if you camp on the way. With 2 camps, Frank and I did it completely in 8 days, including climbing Mt Anglem. If you ...
hi NakiJoe I don't have the wed off but I am keen for a multi day hike somewhere mid north island perhaps? or somewhere else you may have in mind? Tramping Freak
Hello there ! I would like to do the one-day hike "Gertrude saddle" (which is on the Milford Road). It is a quite difficult and « dangerous » one as it is also a road ...
Julie - Would be great to tramp with you somewhere. Just keep me posted where you are and I'm sure we can sort something! Tony - Doing Angelus sounds awesome! I've done a lot in the ...
I never saw that Tom Hanks movie. Until that clip I'd figured it was something to do with Home Improvement (the tv show). Probably just a sign of the 1990s sitcom television I grew up ...
1 2
Looking for any recommendations for the Nelson Lakes area, full day or overnighter...looking to go this Saturday to Sunday if anyone is interested! Shoot me an email [Email address removed]
Hi, I eventually found a partner, and did the 5-day Whanganui trip - had to post on a lot of forums, though. I am publishing the trip in instalments on my blog starting with http://www.skeptic.de/blog/kv/?p=482. When I'm through ...
Well CarolB have you disappeared into the either?Responded to your ad. and now nothing
There will most likely be people on the boat across Hauroko with you you can likely join up with. Check with tour operators on booking numbers. Don't know if the drought has had much effect on ...
I will be leaving the northland in early March and traveling around the southern part of the north island primarily looking for walks that are 3 to 6 day walks but also stopping for shorter ...
Thanks for the info Mr. Finch! I just decided to rent a car, so if anyone is looking to go for a short 5-day tramp, contact me. I will be driving out of Christchurch Sunday ...
make sure you are skilled at driving on difficult hilly windy slippery roads with bad weather or your rental car contract could be cancelled with no notice... http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11389948
Perfectly possible to walk it on your own, its not that hardcore of a track. Its a good wee walk from Hamilton Hut out to Cora Lynn, 6-8 hours depending on your fitness and load. Have ...
Hey there, Looking for buddies keen to do a 4 or 5 or so day walk in Nelson Lakes. Dates are quite limited for me, would need to be from 14th ish February to 19th ish. Looking ...
well theres 50 people staying in each of the huts each night, theres no shortage of people on the track to meet, Nzers tend to avoid the great walks in mid summer to avoid the ...
Hi, I'm also going to be in NZ South Island in Feb 2015 and keen to meet a hiking buddy and do some hiking. I'm 25 and female and will be living in Dunedin for 4 ...
You will be most likely begin Dusky with a handful of van/boat mates (with Vic transporting across Hauroko only twice weekly, people get concentrated if starting that end). So even if you have to go ...
Alternatively you might be looking for a community closer to this one: http://bushcraft.org.nz/
Hi Cochrun7, I'm sending you an email so we can hopefully link up on the south island in Feb. Our hiking/pace styles sound similar -- hope to meet you!
dunynel, noticed not too much interest. Have you decided on anything?
Hi, Errol Thank you for your reply and we are planning to leave on 24th through 28 or 29th Dec. You can only bring your own meal & stuff and we will bring a car. Have ...
fair call. grew up with the 'rua's and was actually in the tongue n meats back in the early 70's so they are my home hills, that's why I keep coming back ,but having done ...
How about sharing at least "a bit of" contact information somewhere? :)
1 2
I'm hoping to do a bit of a multi day mission around those dates, weather it be a couple of 2 - 3 nighters or a week long mish. I'm based in Taranaki but happy ...
151–175 of 614

Search the forums

Tramping partners Looking for somebody to go tramping with? Post a message here.
Topics 614
Posts 2,889
Top contributors
Permanent link