training partner

hi there NZ trampers I live in the Hamilton area and am looking for someone to train with during the week. my girlfriend and I do the hakarimata climb twice a week. Need a training partner than can push me as my g/f is doing well but she is a foot shorter than me and is still a beginner. Im a slightly fit slightly overweight 29 year old male so if you want to get into some running or walking after work during the week get in touch, Anyway Im bloody terrible at posting on forums and ive probably spelt every second word wrong. so please be patient.
27 comments
11–20 of 27

Ooh, can I correct people who say "would of" instead of "would have"? ;-)
Apparently it's bad manners to correct people's grammar, spelling, punctuation and even good manners to use their deviant mispronunciations when replying to them. My poor old partner sometimes asks me to read what he's written. I've learned not to point out the rampant apostrophes on the possessive pronouns. He wants me to critique his content, not get out the red biro!
I hear that in deepest Fiordland some Gerunds were released many years ago and there are rumours they still flourish. Trouble is anyone looking for them has to first get past the Rampant Apostrophes which are formidable, or so I am told!
Youll have no problem pointing out rampant apostrophes in my writings
Great post Honora! Laughing rather vigorously! :D
To the original poster: I'm truly sorry that we've hijacked your thread. :( I hope you are able to find a suitable training partner. Honora, I appreciate those who are able to correct me. Furthermore, if I am asked to critique the work of another, I give both content and grammatical suggestions. A mate in Perth sends me every job application he completes, simply for this reason. :) As for me, I hate it when I make mistakes. I often edit my posts, and I NEVER use 'text speak'! (Spellcheck and text speak are dumbing down the current generations).
LOL, ROFL :-)
thts "txt spk" 4 thoz not old enuf 2 undrstnd th qenz englsh
1 deleted post from pipeking
My sister loves to correct my pronunciation. Sometimes she's wrong, sometimes I am. The problem is that in the medical world we often mispronounce things compared to academic types and I'm not going to say it differently. Although I do pronounce Rolleston as Roleston as a grand dame I boarded with was pals with the family and corrected me.
It's a moot point. You bloody Kiwis pronounce everything incorrectly anyway! :P
11–20 of 27

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by ajarofwhisky
On 8 June 2015
Replies 26
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown