The campfire

501–525 of 1,476

And izogi does his homework and is very informative into the bargain. I always think of him as the quintessential bush lawyer.
5 6 7 8 9
I think you are saying that this discussion is inherently disrespectful no matter how it's framed. I accept that there are cases where that would be a valid argument in regards some topics of discussion. ...
1 2 3
Have to confess I even had his Ziggy Stardust hairstyle there when I was about 15. Partner Frank's a huge fan and used to spend hours watching his videos on YouTube especially the 'Heroes' one ...
https://www.facebook.com/twinneedle/ Saw this over on FishNHunt.co.nz http://www.fishnhunt.co.nz/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1452478350
One of the reasons the high-risk areas mapped (e.g. on www.avalanche.net.nz) are so large soon after a storm is that high wind speeds can redistribute snow onto a wide range of aspects, not just the ...
Pat also was an awesome grade 6 kayaker. She kayaked the Nevis Bluff rapids when she was into kayaking. Probably at that time, she was NZ's top woman kayaker. We always regarded her as the ...
I heard that DoC are trying to phase out use of the quad bikes. Since then I've run into Operation Ark-like folks in the Hawdon and Poulter valleys using them though. Maybe the contractors are ...
1 2
Graeme Kates puts up SAR reports on the Arthurs Pass site. Sometimes he put his opinion and it could be scathing of individuals involved. On one occasion, the male of the party was well-regarded in ...
Hi. I go with what 'BernieQ' & ;Chris 1' said. Unless they've made in-roads on the wasp poisoning, I'm taking a can of wasp spray for the Sabine long drop next trip. It's nice ...
Absolutely. So many people were gutted when she died in an avalanche in the Himalayas. She was a gifted artist as well. But for me her greatest feat was piggy backing Graeme Dingle across the ...
1 2
When we did the Milford it was still early in the winter and we checked with DOC about the bridges. They had not taken them all out yet, also we had just done the Routeburn ...
crikey theres a fair few road crashes happening today. SH1 closed around lake taupo now....
1 2 3
they were in an unmarked van. no info on what security company uniforms they may have been in
Yes, SAR costs generally get budgeted for and absorbed by either Maritime NZ (which the RCCNZ is part of) or Police, depending on which agency was responsible for responding... and if an accident was involved ...
1 2 3
Our old dog ... now passed on a few years back ... was great company. Unfortunately being a short-hair she wasn't too keen on being left outside on cold nights. I'd take her own little ...
Pity we can't watch the whole interview and hear these alleged 'leading questions' that she had been asking. I know it must be quite stressful for interviewees being interrupted all the time which is how ...
1 2
@zoneblue thats a great thing to do. I'm sure that some of them will carry on tramping, either with their families, at school or later at university. I think often the barrier to trying something ...
1 2
Although DOC picked up $15.2m from concessions in the year-ending June 2015. It'd be helpful to know how much of that directly relates to commercial activity on public land that wouldn't happen without overseas tourists.
Thanks @PhilipW, I'm getting the same feedback from other sources that Pilates is the way to go. We have a new gym in my town who offer two classes a week.
1 2 3 4
yeah you have to be careful where you go in some parts of the north island, theres a few uneasy scenes sometimes when dope heads are convinced recreational outdoors people are after their crops because ...
1 2 3 4 5
@tararuahunter: It might be worth doing some research on various forms of co-enzyme Q10. I took MitoQ for a month but didn't notice any improvement with my symptoms. Alternatively, heart meat has lots of co-enzyme Q ...
1 2
blame the media, they float these stories with little substantial information to present a balanced story, but its up to us to dig into the facts to look at the reality.. parties with their own ...
1 2
Geeves you're right there.My son and I were having lunch in Arthurs after a day trip up Otira valley 2 weeks ago and the keas were having a go at my pump bottle while I ...
1 2 3
theres also mountain-forecast.com not too bad at forecasting, i've found them within the ballpark on forecasts
1 2 3 4
I'm not sure how much of it has happened outside of hunting (though certainly close calls with trampers), but we had a thread a few years back titled 'mates shooting strangers'. http://tramper.nz/?view=topic&id=1828
2 3 4 5 6
501–525 of 1,476

Search the forums

The campfire General talk.
Topics 1,476
Posts 20,718
Top contributors
Permanent link