The campfire

476–500 of 1,476

Pretty lightweight & glossy. Less hardcore than Country calendar ?. Sort of thing for a tourist fair or airplane flight ?. I'll watch the remaining 2 episodes over breakfast.
It was bought by Alana's parents for her and her husband. The parents own Guide Hill Station nearby. A lot of these stations operate guiding businesses for hunters so I wonder if that will form ...
Makes life easier for the coroner.
1 2
DOC self insure. The fund stuff like this from their own funding. don't know if they actually set aside money to the value of say a hut
1 2
Thanks. Was that the same with old maritime distress beacons? Ages ago I remember watching a doco on the Rose-Noelle. ( http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10600306 ) In 1989 they had an EPIRB of some sort at the time...
1 2 3
"and emailed them (HBRC) for a clarification on what the access to Gwavas / Wakarara would be under the proposal" I bet there was a *great* motivation for the HBRC to respond to you on that ...
1 2
A different way of looking at this First Im guessing the have a concession so Doc is profiting from them Second they cant leave presents in the bushes while they are sitting in a helicopter.
1 2
Interesting read and comments. One saying that gender-assigned cultural differences are encouraged to abet consumption of goods. Don't doubt that one at all. Notice how it's gone over the top these days with pink stuff ...
i think the track times are sometimes a bit random but in general ok. It indeed depends on distance and depends on how fit you are and what kid of track you do. (A sign ...
1 2
@madpom: "Man TV3 are slow off the mark. That story been running for weeks" To be fair to Newshub, their story is dated 1st Feb which is only about a week after it was first published ...
Yeah. Slice of life, without a sniff of sensationalism. Stuff/Fairfax seem to be running a lot of pieces from DoC lately ?.
Jonathan Kennett and Erik Bradshaw did Tappy from Wellington in a weekend using the ferry, bikes and their feet. That's a worthy mission.
Like TararuaHunter I'm ex NZFS. I'm Hokitika born & raised & had been tramping 6 or 7 years before being engaged by the NZFS in the mid 70's. Many well known back country identities were ...
1 2
This is not Blue Sip on the Otaki Gorge Road: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205911793609389&set=a.1547723088426.2070414.1095522211&type=3
1 2
Reread your post. Yeah. Roaring meg would be easier to manage on public land. Was assuming you meant the front face from lowburn which passes the farmhouse.
Ive known several people that were required to undertake Adventure tourism audits for part time hobby professions. They just decided it wasnt worth it and closed up shop.
They will give you a pre decided question list. Because its a day trip no one knows how many people use it or anything about most of them unless they have problems.
Some topics are highly combustible. It's like a dark list of "light the fuse & stand back !"
That explains the fishy smell in some cheap make up
1 2 3 4
Thanks all. I'm using West Coast shuttles and hopping off at Klondyke Corner, so not going to the village itself. I'll try the Challenge service station.
Also, did a new video over the weekend ! I've decided to mix up my videos between longer involved ones and short quick bites that will hold the attention of my non-tramping friends. Whirinaki Forest !! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U51W...
1 2
Try this one. Fits in your pocket, I have one plus its opposite number on birds, no weight at all really and very handy. http://www.wildernessmag.co.nz/detail/item/a-mini-guide-to-the-identification-of-new-zealand-native-trees/m/0/
1 2 3 4
from the haerenga ad "WHAT TO EXPECT: meet at your guide at the Ketetahi Hut as you walk the Tongariro Crossing Walk to the Ketetahi Springs with your local Maori guide Visit the Ketetahi Springs Bathe and soothe your feet ...
Nina Valley. Easter 1980-something. Woke to surprise snap-frost which froze dozens of sandflies to the tent fly. Us teens said it was justice served after a night of unrequited gorging.
1 2 3 4
Cool. Glad DOC got on to it.
476–500 of 1,476

Search the forums

The campfire General talk.
Topics 1,476
Posts 20,718
Top contributors
Permanent link