Whats everyone got planned?

I know that we have had this type of thread before but I figure seen as there isnt much happening on this website at the moment I just thought I would ask what everyone is up to, Have ya got anything planned for the weekend or training ya self up for a big tramp during the summer? Just thought I would see what everyones up to, its good to read about other peoples tramping trips plus it also gives ya a few ideas for tramping trips of your own.
341 comments
71–80 of 341

Next weekend 13-14 March I will be taking a club trip up the Waipakahi River as far as the Urchin and then out over the Urchin. It will be a relatively easy trip and, if the weather remains as nice as it has been, there will be chances to stop and swim in the river. If anyone wants to join us you will have to make your way to Turangi by 8pm Friday evening. Drop me a private message with your phone no and I will contact you.
Me im starting a 9 day walk on thurs 11 th from lake rotarua nelson lakes through to boyle village at lewis pass .via sabine valley, blue lake, moss pass,durville bivi, david saddle,east and west matakituki valley,three tarns pass, ada pass & st james walk way with pick up on fri 19th the weather looks good im looking forward to it
We are going on the tramp above with pmcke up the Waipakihi River, but on the Sunday am will continue on up to the Waipakihi hut for the night and return along Umukarikari Range on Monday. Welcome to join.
Im planning a nice easy walk up Bealey Spur on Saturday, then on to Arthurs Pass and hopefully up Avalanche Peak on Sunday. Hoping for great weather and to get some fantastic views and photo's.
Just back from a trip up the Waipakahi Valley to the Urchin turn off and then out that way. Fruitbat and her husband were with us but continued up to Waipakahi Hut and would have been there last night, despite her husband having a massive swelling on a tooth. Looked painfull. It was perfect weather but the nights were colder than I expected, even a little ice on the tent in the morning. That justifys my practice of taking a good sleeping bag all year round. In 2 weeks, weekend of 27-28 March I am going into the Matakuhia Valley. Hopefully will get to the Lower Matakuhia Hut and return the same way. Anyone else interested in joining us?
Currently in Glenorchy having just visited Lake Nerine over three days. Leaving tomorrow for Mt.Earnslaw and continuing up valley to Rees Saddle and Lochnagar. Exiting via Shotover Saddle to Wanaka. Weather looking good. Catching a flight Sunday to ChCh and onto Auckland Monday to meet up with Lostone to visit Taranaki and Ruapehu.
Going to finish the Kaimai North - South track from SH29. Got some helpful information from this site, thanks.
Completed Bealey Spur (lovely) and due to time restraints and wind, only did two thirds of Avalanche Peak but had a fantastic day and stunning views. Am now in the throws of planning to go back with more time and go up the apparantly easier Scotts track all the way to the top. This weekend .... *sleeeep* .... although I know once Ive slept in I'll be thinking "now what? should've gone tramping!"
Mangamuka hut via Te tuhi track and leyland obrien which means i should meet fruitbat at some stage.
It get's busy in Mangamuka Hut over the weekends plenty of young keen deerstalkers, Big Paul. Let me know if you hear any stags starting to roar on your sojourns i will be chasing them up there over the next month.
71–80 of 341

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum The campfire
Started by Jono51
On 24 September 2009
Replies 340
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown