Whats everyone got planned?

I know that we have had this type of thread before but I figure seen as there isnt much happening on this website at the moment I just thought I would ask what everyone is up to, Have ya got anything planned for the weekend or training ya self up for a big tramp during the summer? Just thought I would see what everyones up to, its good to read about other peoples tramping trips plus it also gives ya a few ideas for tramping trips of your own.
341 comments
21–30 of 341

Yes, and then out to Fowler Hut to make a loop with a cycle / road section. However, that's for this weekend and the weather looks dire, so plans may change.
Going to do a guided summit climb of Mt Taranaki so hoping for great weather!
Well, I had a fantastic climb up to Mt Taranaki summit and had great weather. The ice formations up there are amazing. Went up with NP mountain guide Don Paterson of Adventure Dynamics who is an awesome guide - very professional and experienced. I've had the best mountain trips ever on Taranaki and Ruapehu with him.
In Palmerston North waiting for weather to improve. Snow to about 800 metres in Ruahines but clear so maybe tomorrow, Tararuas are covered in cloud, looks pretty stormy so I will stay clear of there.
Going to the Kaimais to check out the DC3 crash site with pmcke. Looking forward to meeting and tramping with someone from this site.
Are you also going on to Kauritatahi Hut?
Yes, just about to leave now and meet up with fruitbat at the road end. There will be at least 6 of us there tonight
Ive just been up Mt Isobel in Hanmer - 1324m. Weather was perfect, not too hot, not too cold, no wind and we got back before the rain set in. Still a little bit of snow on the tops from the polar blast last weekend. A very satisfying day walk.
We had a very successful trip to Kauritatahi Hut. There were three of us from Rotorua and we met up with fruitbat, her husband and one other from Gisborne. We all got on very well. We had a bit of rain and a thunderstorm as we were going up so delayed the detour to the DC3 crash site until the next day. However it came in very stormy at night. Two young hunters arrived at the hut after us so it was 8 in a 4 bunk hut. 3 of us slept in tents and one of the hunters on the floor. On Sunday we visited the DC3 site in conditions that were probably very similar to what it was like when the crash happened, rain, wind and limited visibility. A sobering experience indeed. The trip was so successful we are planning more rendezvous for trips in the future.
Ruahine bound Rangiwahia, Triangle and iron gate Friday and Saturday. Hopefully the weather eases. 8 people at Kauritatahi an interesting squeeze for a small hut!
21–30 of 341

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum The campfire
Started by Jono51
On 24 September 2009
Replies 340
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown