Whats everyone got planned?

I know that we have had this type of thread before but I figure seen as there isnt much happening on this website at the moment I just thought I would ask what everyone is up to, Have ya got anything planned for the weekend or training ya self up for a big tramp during the summer? Just thought I would see what everyones up to, its good to read about other peoples tramping trips plus it also gives ya a few ideas for tramping trips of your own.
341 comments
61–70 of 341

Friday 19th / Sat 20th Feb. Mt Manuoha [highest point in Ureweras].
One of the best goblin forests in the country
Cone Ridge?
Manuoha trip now Sat, Sun out Mon. Weather's looking good. Welcome to join.
man its great having a week off, took my girlfriend for her first ever tramp yesterday, we went up the puniho track and into the stoney river for a walk, went for a tramp today up the razorback and own the puffer for a lazy daytramp, tomorrow i may do a summit of mt taranaki if the weather plays the game, back to work next week... bugger!
Waitewheta hut via bluff stream track, Ananui falls and waitengue valley with a mate who thought he would give tramping a go. Enough to see if the spirit is willing. Friday and Saturday
Might look at trying to get to Mid Pohongina hut next weekend, will head up friday after milkin and stay in cattle creek then wander down to the mid po on sat and back up to c/c for the night again. dont no if i wanna spend to nights baggn one hut or try somewere else diff
Looking to do the Routeburn in mid April... any tips from anyone?
Hi Tom, If possible I recomend tramping the Routeburn from the Divide (Te Anau) side to the Glenorchy (Queenstown) side. Took 2 North American friends over it last month and both agreed the scenery was much more dramatic tramping in this direction. But having said that its fantastic in either direction!
Cheers for the tip Yarmoss... I've done Key Summit/Howden Hut for a leg stretch a few times so was thinking of knocking that end of first so yeah... Divide to Glenorchy looks to be the winner! Just checked your profile.. thats an impressive list in only a couple of years... nice work. Best, T
61–70 of 341

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum The campfire
Started by Jono51
On 24 September 2009
Replies 340
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown