Whats everyone got planned?

I know that we have had this type of thread before but I figure seen as there isnt much happening on this website at the moment I just thought I would ask what everyone is up to, Have ya got anything planned for the weekend or training ya self up for a big tramp during the summer? Just thought I would see what everyones up to, its good to read about other peoples tramping trips plus it also gives ya a few ideas for tramping trips of your own.
341 comments
121–130 of 341

good daytramp up the dover track, pity it was clagged in and bloody cold!
A wander in the kaimais in the rain havent been to puketutu in awhile.
Id forgotten how good the view from the door to Puketutu hut was. On a winters day with the sun shining you can see white island. at night the lights from Waihi to the mount and beyond are fantastic and in the crisp clear air of wnter even better.
Very cold though, any problems with the rats or water? Might do a run up there again soon.
Take some rat bait they are numerouse and healthy. Water is fine but most of the wood in the area is damp. Crisp clear weather made for fine see huge distances type days and night.
Going into Kaimais on Tues /Wed this week. Probably start at Woodlands Rd to Waitawheta Hut, and out via Wairoa Stream track. Welcome to join.
Love to come with you Fruitbat but work calls. Just back from a very soggy trip into Mt Hiwiroa. Track was in good nick, I think someone must have done some cutting on it since we were last there a year ago. Walked past a DOC sign at the beginning of the track proclaiming it was closed because of unauthorised use of cyanide paste. I must ask them under what authority they can close the track under. I bet there is none. It would seem to me sufficient to warn people not to touch any green paste on sticks and keep an eye on children. Nanny state trying to keep us safe again.
Can Jumbo hut fill up in winter? Is it necessary to take a sleeping mat?
Hay there guys. Dose anyone know if the "North/South" track in the Kaimias is still in one piece. I keen for a two day run at some stage. Anyone wana join?
The 'North / South' Track is all good. Tramped one half last year and the other half earlier this year. Was great. Count me out for running it!!
121–130 of 341

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum The campfire
Started by Jono51
On 24 September 2009
Replies 340
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown