Whats everyone got planned?

I know that we have had this type of thread before but I figure seen as there isnt much happening on this website at the moment I just thought I would ask what everyone is up to, Have ya got anything planned for the weekend or training ya self up for a big tramp during the summer? Just thought I would see what everyones up to, its good to read about other peoples tramping trips plus it also gives ya a few ideas for tramping trips of your own.
341 comments
41–50 of 341

know the feeling aye milking this arvo so no tramping for me this weekend, am suppose to be going up longview circuit next weekend with a tramping club then kiritaki hut my next fortnight off with a mate, havent been up for about 6 weeks so am looking very forward to it
Ardvark how was your Canterbury trip? Where did you head in the end?
Lisa, Thanks for asking. It was an active week but a couple of dodgy days prevented some activity. A midday start to Mt Winterslow from Sharplin Falls as a daywalk saw me change my mind at 1100m and i descended back down the 500m to get the overnight gear and return. Summited next day and descended in whiteout and then rain. Then i went back to Middle Mt.Peel as a daywalk and descended a different way to make it a circuit. The Kelly range on the other side of Arthurs Pass made a nice overnighter. I did a quick scoot up Avalanche peak near Arthurs Pass with a guy i met at the YHA. He was from New York state. Dashed up Mt.Bruce for lunch the next day. (adjacent to Cass-Lagoon saddle walk) and made a morning walk up Foggy Pk near Porters Pass. I had to fly back same afternoon to Brisbane. Overall a terrific 9 days. Won't be back till March 2010.
aardvark Im from Strathpine Brisbane what Sub are you in,i will be flying back again 0n the 12-3-10 to do the Hollyford on the 17-3-10
Have done next to no tramping all winter which is a shame because I had several trips planned, Developed quite bad Asthma which has been preventing me doing anything to difficult. A few weeks back I did go for a nice walk along the beach north of Paturau River mouth which is located in North West Nelson. Very cool sand and limestone formations in that area. Think one day I would walk from the Paturau River mouth all the way to the mouth of Westhaven inlet. I did the walk during a strong southerly wind so got sand blasted the entire way back :) Hope to go for a walk and fish up the Goulter river this Saturday. Would be a good test to see how much my asthma has reduced my endurance. It is basically a 20km day.
Weekend after next I am leading an off track trip on Tongariro. We will be going in off the Desert Rd at the Oturere Stream and going up the stream (or a side branch of it to Oturere Hut. From there travel north to the Mangahouhounui stream and camp there. Going out on Sunday vir Te Mari craters and Ketetahi Hut. We will be camping out both Friday and Saturday nights. If anyone wishes to join us, send me a private mail with your phone number.
Hey Igwaddel, Did you live in the South or North Isl before moving to Australia? It's obvious the South has you capivated at present. The places to visit there are endless. Great that it's so affordable to fly there these days. I'm living in Lutwyche.
Hi aardvark Here is a quick run down i was born in Christchurch then moved to Auckland when i was about 10,i moved to Brisbane in 1984 [ i think ] and been here all the time. I have always loved the South Island a different type of people live in the South Island more easy going,i have relatives in Christchurch Timaru,wanaka so there is always a place to stay. You are right it so cheep to fly to NZ now less than a weeks pay.What a small world it is i will send you my email address
Interesting couple of days on Te Atuaoparara wind was blowing hard enough for me to turn back on the final slopes up from waipawa saddle side. Visited Waikamaka then walked back down waipawa and up to Top Maropea past Sunrise. A very busy place Sunrise hut i was looking forward to a night there but too many people for me.
Went over to cattle creek hut in the ruahines for a day trip tramp/hunt got and hour up towards stanfield hut and heard a deer crashing around, saw a hind, shot and gutted a 6 pointer stag and then saw another hind just down from the hut, was a very hard walk out with nmy pack aswell as the hind quarter
41–50 of 341

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum The campfire
Started by Jono51
On 24 September 2009
Replies 340
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown