Whats everyone got planned?

I know that we have had this type of thread before but I figure seen as there isnt much happening on this website at the moment I just thought I would ask what everyone is up to, Have ya got anything planned for the weekend or training ya self up for a big tramp during the summer? Just thought I would see what everyones up to, its good to read about other peoples tramping trips plus it also gives ya a few ideas for tramping trips of your own.
341 comments
31–40 of 341

I've got a week in Canterbury on my own from Sunday. Planning lots of exercise. Probably starting with Big Mt.Peel or Mt.Somers walkway in a day. I've got designs on the Winterslow range too and well, the list is endless. As usual it all depends on the weather as to where i go. I wouldn't even rule out heading down to Ball Pass for a long day (took 11hrs last time) or the Kelly range on the other side of Arthurs Pass. Mostly day things in mind but i'll be ready any multiday things too.
We're looking at Cass-Lagoon Saddle for Saturday and Sunday and avoiding the bad weather on Monday by heading home. :-)
Hamilton Hut is a nice hut. It would be nice to have it to yourselves but i suppose weekends aren't likely to have that happen. Unless of course you want to party.
What do you know about snow conditions above Cass saddle at the moment? I suppose there is nothing on Lagoon saddle. I'd like to camp on it and get some photos toward the Main Divide, even ascend Mt Bruce.
We're planning for snow but don't expect much. We did strike impassible snow on Devilskin Saddle Lewis Pass two weeks ago, but that was higher.
Aardvark, maybe you left already, but no snow on the north face of Mt Bruce. Only a few pockets of snow on the Cass-Lagoon Track. It looks like there has been a heavy snowfall recently (perhaps 2 weeks ago) which has melted quickly.
Heading into the Kawekas on Thursday for 5 days. I was in Hawkes Bay today and there are only patches of snow on the main Kaweka tops. Apparently a couple of weeks back everything was plastered white.
Going to do the Holdsworth-Jumbo circuit and Mitre, starting Tues 17th. Back home next Mon and hope to go up Mt Hikurangi, around Tues/Wed/Thurs,if weather ok. Anyone keen? Then off to TNP for trip with pmcke and friends.
Waipawa Saddle, Waikamaka hut, Te Atuaoparapara, Top Maropea hut and Sunrise Hut in the Ruahines Friday and Saturday this week comming. Back into the Kamai Mamakus early December and then 4 Days central crossing of the Tararuas in January.
once again i am oncall this weekend but am looking forward to getting out next weekend, havent been very active in the tramping department lately but am getting itchy feet again!!
31–40 of 341

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum The campfire
Started by Jono51
On 24 September 2009
Replies 340
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown