Tramping illegal

Tramping is now officially illegal. https://www.odt.co.nz/news/national/new-law-officially-bans-hunting-surfing-and-swimming-during-lockdown
214 comments
111–120 of 214

6 days ago both said "45 minute drive". (Last time I post about that). From Google search '45 minute drive covid NZ' Covid-19 coronavirus: What level 3 means for you - NZ Heraldwww.nzherald.co.nz › nz › news › article 3 days ago - The Covid-19 website says a 45-minute drive is okay to go somewhere for a walk or run - for example, travelling from Porirua to Paraparaumu. As ...
unless you believe the police minister who was still chanting "stay home" from the old hymn book... mind you the police have their hands full as it is.
Nope. I'm querying the erasure of '45 minute drive' from both the official Covid site & the NZ Herald site that reported & quoted that. Not so much a tramping issue as a different concern. :) edit : Herald will 'get back to me in 2 working days'.
they talk about in your region.. there was an example given that it was ok to drive from porirua to go to the beach in paraparaumu, porirua has a good beach at Titahi Bay... other good ones on the way at paremata, plimmerton, Karehana bay. paekakariki... so I'm not sure who came up with that example, i think the police wouldnt be too happy with it..
I liked that example. It allows me all the way from New Brighton to Amberly and the Waimak gorge. Im not going to push my luck though
the other advice was, go to your nearest park or beach, not your favourite one... but its allowing those who dont have anything suitable close by to get to something... im compromising to go to the nearest place that isnt swarming with people
As soon as you cross the Bombay hill isnt it all deserted?
my works really stressful at present and going to keep getting worse as the lockdown lifts, I really need to get out for some real tramping before the lockdown lifts, its really the pits. what is the cost to peoples mental health? you hear about greater violence and domestic violence and potential drug and alcohol abuse. our hospitals arent stretched at all.. nzers are better at following the rules than in a lot of countries shouldnt we relax lockdown more?
Hang in there, Man. 2 weeks at 3 & then probably hunky dory at Level 2 ?. Huts & toilets might not open for a while tho.
Certainly, wayno, mental health issues are a concern. Yeah, I want to get out too. However, death is a more immediate concern. Not thinking about my death, I would find it difficult in the extreme if I transmitted the virus to someone else who died - and all the worse if because I didn't comply with the restrictions. If there was any doubt about effectiveness of the restrictions, look at how fast it spreads in a cluster. For example, have a look at the NW Tasmania cluster. Tassie had been very effective in limiting virus spread, as good or better than NZ (70 confirmed, 1 death). One person (from a cruise boat unaware they were infected) creates a cluster of 130+ confirmed and 9 deaths. Only through extreme isolation of the whole NW has it been brought (it seems) under control. Hang in there - do something different (eg get stuck into the Where is it game - it's a little addictive imo).
111–120 of 214

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum The campfire
Started by madpom
On 4 April 2020
Replies 213
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown