Whats everyone got planned?

I know that we have had this type of thread before but I figure seen as there isnt much happening on this website at the moment I just thought I would ask what everyone is up to, Have ya got anything planned for the weekend or training ya self up for a big tramp during the summer? Just thought I would see what everyones up to, its good to read about other peoples tramping trips plus it also gives ya a few ideas for tramping trips of your own.
341 comments
241–250 of 341

Nice walk. I seem to remember following stock trails for part of the way, which kept us out of the river for some of the time.
Just putting together a trip for this weekend. In from Te Whaiti to Okui Hut and then over the hill to Mangapouri Hut for the night. Finally out down the Horomanga via Midway Hut on Sunday.
thats either a long day sunday or your camping out?
No, we will stay at the hut. It's all easy fast going down from Mangapouri so we will leave early and not too far to drive home afterwards. My GPS log from the last time I was there shows 1.5hrs from Mangapouri to the Horomanga and then 7 hrs down the Horomanga, including lunch. The only fly in the ointment could be rain forecast on Sunday and possible rising rivers. Will worry about that at the time.
look forward to a couple of photos pohangina crossing ruahines next for me
Damn.. trips off, due to unforseen circumstances. So next trip is now the following weekend, taking some Duke of Edinburgh lids up to Crosbies Hut. Never been there before so that will be something new.
I do hope the weather is fine at night I would like to see the lights of Auckland and Whangamata from here it would be impressive i think the spot is high enough to take advantage of.
Crosbies hut is a definate to do for me hope to get up there sometime soon. Which is the popular route there? This Wednesday we are going for a bush bash in the Kaimai's on the Old North South track. Going up the Wairongomai Valley and heading South. Using the Crimson track to link us onto N/S track past Waipapa track and Pahiko. Camping out possibly somewhere before the Cashmore junction, see how far we get. Expecting a dry camp so we will carry extra water. Next day carry on past Wahine rock to Te Rereatukahia, stay if we get there to late to walk out to Hot Springs Rd.
most of this section is historic to say the least walked it about three years ago old permalate markers and very overgrown but as always worth the time and effort.
Kokako.. the one and only time i have been along that section of the NS track I recall that there were no camping sites. It tends to be very boggy along the top there and it was horrible about 10 years ago, I doubt it is any better now.
241–250 of 341

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum The campfire
Started by Jono51
On 24 September 2009
Replies 340
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown