The campfire

1,151–1,175 of 1,476

Hi Guys I have put my pics of my Tramp on now Lindsay
Forgot: Warm beanie, a scarf and mittens. A scarf can simply be a strip cut out of a cheap fleece blanket. Matt
1 2
SPOT does not confirm that your message has been received. Therefore, you can't use it to send a "I'm overdue but I'm ok" message. If you do, you don't understand the technology you are using. That's what ...
I'll check it out...
No worries, I just need to upgrade to a later version.
1 2
Not sure if its my computer or what but nothing seems to be working properly now.....! Can see new posts in the sidebar but can't open them up. Haven't a clue where they're gone to.....but my ...
I've just asked someone else who was in Whirinaki Forest at the time, and she told me they did know that bad weather was on the way from Sunday onwards, "by reading one of the ...
Here's more detail. Does anyone know specifically where they found the guy or which hut they took him to? http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/4940910/Police-find-tramper-missing-for-days He was very hypothermic when they picked him up. Still no cl...
In addition to the tracks listed on that page, if you want something a bit longer, the Central Whirinaki, Upper Whirinaki, Upper Te Hoe, Central Te Hoe, Rogers, Moerangi is a good longer loop which ...
Fantastic that you have managed to shake this rain thing ;-)
It is certainly a team with credentials. Rhys Buckingham has been associated with the Kokako search for many years. I remember him from Tramping Club in Dunedin when he waqs known for doing a solo ...
The Marlborough back country seems to be empty year round. I like the day lengths during the summer but its so easy to get distracted by other activities.
i agree with john...except from howletts head north along the sawtooth range. then down black ridge to tarn biv. awesome stuff
Was a fun game last time we played, here is the old thread http://tramper.co.nz/?id=423&view=topic&offset=1 Decided to start a new game and a new thread. Like last time, feel free to guess and post your own huts. Try ...
How is Christchurch coping now?
Replies, new topics?
When do you think the best season is to tour the North Island?
Hi, getting a discussion going, trying to beat the spam, drown it out.
Hi Geeves. I'm fairly sure point 1 requires a Minister (or GG) sign-off, which would most likely happen if DoC provided a case for it, but it still has to happen. For point 2, my ...
Went for a small 4 hour tramp from Catchpool up to Matthews Stream today in the Orongorongo River Valley. The striking thing was that in the first hour on the walk down to the river valley ...
1 2
Hi all - I hope you don't mind me posting on here! We've just set up a new Facebook page (www.facebook.com/offthebeatentracknz) which is trying to encourage people in Auckland to go walking, tramping, camping etc ...
Every time I've been on Ngauruhoe I've seen dislodged rocks hurtling down the mountain like missiles. One of the problems is that people try to climb up the scree slope that others are scree-running down. ...
They probably only need a sizable amount of water for breeding, the rest of the time they probably just hop around looking for food. If they hope 100m in a day, then it would take ...
Hey guys, we've returned home from our trip, but I still have $18 in credit on my phone. If anyways is interested, PM me your 2degrees mobile number and I'll try to transfer it. Customer ...
Farmer access no go apparently, so it's up the creek or drop down track off takapari road.
1,151–1,175 of 1,476

Search the forums

The campfire General talk.
Topics 1,476
Posts 20,718
Top contributors
Permanent link