The campfire

1,101–1,125 of 1,476

These a large operation growing stags for trophy hunting near where I live, they have only managed to sell one stag in the last year..... Plus they need the antlers hard for a trophy so ...
three trampers dead in 24 hours, and another experienced one died last week, doesnt matter how experienced you are, don't throw caution to the wind and put your safety at risk out there.... have a safe summer ...
The urchin track from the Waipakihi river to the road end is approx 3 hours. Considering, coming the other way is mostly uphill I suppose it would take a little longer, so I guess it ...
Only too pleased to be able to provide the information. The Forest Service hunting guide Map I have is sparse on hut detail but does have virtually every ridge marked.
brasso or autosolve? What grit was your paper? You can get up to 3000 grit which is used for polishing the ends of fibre optic cable. You can see you face in the surface of ...
With the swimming it just sounds better and better. I can't wait to check it out.
Yep, tinned food has a lot to answer for in being the downfall of the novice. Maybe it's all those cowboy movies with the beans! I am for 600g of food a day on the ...
1 2 3
I guess that this would be the Atiwhakatu track to the new hut.Tracks and Structures are graded according to user group as set out in NZ Standards -handbook -SNZ HB 8630:2004 1 Urban Resident(UR)not used by ...
4 5 6 7 8
Thanks Guys, Alan
Jumbo Hut,very warm ,mid summers day,i am working to fix watertank.A Swiss couple,resident at Holdsworth arrived with their 21 yo niece ,visiting from homeland.Niece decides she needs to have a good wash down , so ...
Competent Hut Wardens already in use in a lot of South Island high use huts , cant do a lot if no one there to monitor the "sytem" bro!
I do not beleive the rats would be overly fond of that idea. Mouses at least provide a source of entertainment, trying to capture them...
I would agree with individual items not being worth claiming on their own. In the latest case though I got robbed 2 days before I was planning to go out, so I had every thing ...
People laugh at me for being in the habit of skiing on Ruapehu with an emergency beacon and a survival bag, but this story illustrates exactly why it's not a silly idea to do so...
Sayers Hut and Cone Hut are classified as "historic" so cant be removed. The rumour is "gas removal" . Powell had a gas heater which over the years had been a "dog" . Costs to repair ...
1 2 3
Still using the old Mountain Mule ,tanker model....all good.
I've no idea about the Tatonka packs but suspect the 75l size would be adequate unless you go on extended trips. Anything less than 5 days even if tenting you should find a 75l pack ...
I sort of raised my eyebrows when I saw that comment from Paul White, who incidentally has been Canterbury Mountain Radio for about 40 years now. I guess it is up to the tramper to decide ...
Assuming this post gets posted, problem sorted (for now). Matthew, I (and others, no doubt) haven't been able to open any pages from this website for 3 days - but have been able to ping and ...
Left behind at the Wairere Falls carpark Goodwin Rd on 24 July. Contains several grovvely route records.
Sorry to hear about the stick. I did find a blue leki pole at the bush edge just East of Managaheuhu hut a months back. It was a bit corroded up and disintegrated when I ...
izogi have a read of this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LightSquared I think if you read between the lines there will trouble over this, as the company i work for in Australia sells wireless products to the USA and we ...
This one was flagged as well...!
1 2 3 4
The Law Commission is seeking feedback on a range of issues and options for reform raised in the recently-released paper: Reforming the Incorporated Societies Act 1908. Submissions can be made online and close on 30 ...
Well it never hurts to carry a beacon, but to me it seems that a tent would have been much more useful as a priority. Surely you have to be able to look after yourself ...
1,101–1,125 of 1,476

Search the forums

The campfire General talk.
Topics 1,476
Posts 20,718
Top contributors
Permanent link