The campfire

1,276–1,300 of 1,486

There is a side creek about 15-20 minutes before Roaring Stag hut that rises rapidly if it is raining heavily and is not bridged. Although it is narrow the water is usually very swift and ...
Hope you are having a great time and get to see the Northern Lights. I checked out Markus's site. It is really very good.
1 2
The MSC dedicate time to researching methods of crossing and from this formulate their recommendations. Their recommended practices do evolve from time to time but fortunately they are based on research, not notions. Our club (CTC) ...
Hi all I hope this isn't a gross breach of forum etiquette and I hope you'll forgive my presumption but on route out from Anderson Memorial Hut this weekend I realised I had left my camera ...
Thanks BigP..suspect I will care little on arrival. As long as spared the elements a warm sleeping bag and a roof over my head will be ample shelter =)
Thanks! Matt
There was an interesting item on TV about a family who were searching for a specific plane wreck in Fiordland, not sure if there was a family connection for them. It looked like mission impossible ...
I wonder if anybody has been to this rock. I was taken there about 25 years ago and woild like to find it again. I have a photo and am trying to reverse engineer the location ...
The hard part looks like getting down from Mt Nox to Lake Unknown.
Weather forecasts come from global weather models. There are a couple of major models, which respectively get run through massive super-computers in either Europe or the USA (depending on the model), both trying to take ...
1 2
Nice...good effort!
1 2
Or simply just a milestone in each persons personal journey. The stories about each hut and stone are many and varied not the least of which is your own story upon reaching that point or ...
1 2
there are minimum ages to be deployed operationally. To join SAR you need to be 16 years and to be deployed on an operation you need to be 18 years old.
It'd depend on where you go, too, of course. There are plenty of places where you might just be walking down a wide valley with little or nothing to get caught on. Despite the chance ...
I have known my dentist is related for a long time, but I saw the documentary on TV yesterday and that spured me to look up the book all about Keith Park in the shop ...
She's safe and well.She walked out this morning.
LEST WE FORGET!
Yes, I think I might have saved mine if I had removed the batteries immediately and dried it thoughrily. It went for a while and then started to do funny things and died. It was ...
1 2 3
I have not seen the movie; but a few shots look familiar. Also saw the track marker pole.
Thanks for the note about the tags... will try and adjust that next time I'm in.
Thanks :) I did wonder about the sizing, though it was my web version. I usually create a web version of ones I want to share, but I'm not using my usual photo programme at ...
Hey All I hope I can do this Please check out the New and Improved Website including these New Trips -North Ohau hut and Shooters camp -Whakapapaiti hut -Tongariro Summet / Oturere valley -Lake Rotokare -Whanganui River trip -Tongariro ...
Its allgood, you have got a great website here, Very usefull and good way to talk to people who share the same love of the outdoors. Cheers jono
If you go the Roaring Stag way, you'll get to the Ruamahanga River, which isn't bad. If it's a nice day I'd tend towards Herepai. Within about 30-60 minutes past Herepai you can get up ...
Hi all, this is a bit of a trip finding challenge! It would be great if you could share your knowledge and help us find our next big trip. A BIT ABOUT OUR BACKGROUND: We have done the ...
1,276–1,300 of 1,486

Search the forums

The campfire General talk.
Topics 1,486
Posts 20,731
Top contributors
Permanent link