Gaiters?

Macpac have a pair on sale for $62 less 30%. Any thoughts on whether a strap or wire is best under the boot? These ones have a strap.
51 comments
11–20 of 51

Trashed by the 9th post. Is that a record ?. Matthew ?.
What now?
Pro-active. That's so funny. Definitely a LOL moment!
awwww sorry @pro-active I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, I know you call them putties hehe
Someone's asked a question in the 'Gear' forum. Could we keep it on-topic and helpful ?. What gets tossed around 'the campfire' is a whole different lark. Yeah ?.
I see. I'd encourage people to branch the topic if they want to go off-topic.
Further thoughts - You can see from the pic. my gaiters have eyelets for underfoot attachments ?. First off I tried that plastic coated cable the tramping shops sell, but it soon frayed into nasty broken strands. That's when I went to 3mm chain. Putties would be more yer bandage wrap ?. Before the dawn of one-piece velcro synthetic gaiters ?. I can appreciate anachronistic terminology may be jocular, eh ?.
hey what about spectra cord? its pretty robust! sorry, I was honestly not making fun of you. My granddad had gaiters that looked just like that but they were canvas and had domes not velcro. The old boys called them putties, and they wore stubby shorts too back then. I commented on here awhile back but no one seemed to know what I was talking about. shit I'm off topic :/ sooooooorrrrryyyyy
I have some old OR ones that need replacing. Open to suggestions of a good brand or type.
I know, Kevlar cord! Yeah ?.
11–20 of 51

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Gear talk
Started by Mr Finch
On 16 June 2015
Replies 50
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown