Things I have learnt!

One subject/lesson/paragraph per post - keep it short, things you have learnt, 1 liners of experience. Lest see if we can get a wonderful post of epithets going. I'll start:
92 comments
81–90 of 92

If your visiting the ruahines from the eastern side the Tikokino pub serves up one of the best lamb burgers ive had anywhere!
Ive drivin past heaps of times but never stopped. Might just have to next time. Were abouts did you go tramping?
Working my way through the Ruahine huts but not in mid winter staying further north at the moment
Ah fair enough, I havent really gone to deep into the Ruahines, been to about 14 on the eastern side I think. Kiritaki would have to be my favourite tho, just has alot of charcter which makes up for not much of a track
When you take a liquid fuel stove tramping, it pays to take some liquid fuel as well.
Also wise to bring matches unless you have another means of starting the cooker...
Chunking works!! If you're climbing a 1000 metre 1:2 spur, splitting it into 100 step chunks and a breather makes it much more enjoyable by giving you an accumulated sense of achievement..
things my cousin has learnt, never lock the loo door from the outside(by accident), if someone is already in there, it can make people angry when they finally get out!
Don't argue with the senior persons about anything
The vegetation you grab for in a fall on a steep descent will undoubtably be Speargrass. ;)
81–90 of 92

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum The campfire
Started by clive.s
On 10 January 2010
Replies 91
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown