Things I have learnt!

One subject/lesson/paragraph per post - keep it short, things you have learnt, 1 liners of experience. Lest see if we can get a wonderful post of epithets going. I'll start:
92 comments
71–80 of 92

ok theres a storey there?
If you have a billy full of stewed dehy fruit for breakfast, don't plan on having to traverse through a steep trecherous gorge on a narrow path for at least 4 hours afterwards.
Saddles always look easy on the map.
Heh! Heh! Peter. I discovered one can have too many handfuls of dried chana dal especially if one has had a big feed of lentil stew the night before. Thank god the outdoors is all one big open toilet!
A new lesson from last weekend: When walking up hills, putting you hands on your hips helps you breathe, get more air in and more energy out. When walking up hill with your hands on your hips - tucking them into your pack-straps can lead to a very sore nose!
Don't follow the bright fluorescent pink triangles.
Don't walk past the Doc Sign Posts without reading them, especially the one along side it that says don't follow the pink triangles.
Or blue or yellow ones.
FrankB I agree 100% allways read signs as i walked passed the the first hut on the Hollyford and had to back track to the sign and guess what it said Hut 500m this way "Doh"
The hardest part of tramping is driving to, and finding the start of the track.
71–80 of 92

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum The campfire
Started by clive.s
On 10 January 2010
Replies 91
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown