Internal messaging

Hi everybody, Can you please let me know here if you are interested in beta testing the new internal messaging? I say "new", but actually it's a feature I turned off some time back, and am in the process of redeploying. It's long overdue. Thanks.
52 comments
11–20 of 52

yes please. Keep up the great work Mathew.
Great. And I could see the notification in the top right when I looked. @Matthew, did there used to be an email notification in cases when someone sends internal mail? I thought so but I don't think I received anything. Not in the spam folder, either. Also, thanks heaps for bringing this back.
Also, including an email address within internal mail seems to go through, which is very useful. The website notifier in the top-left still seems to be saying that I have 2 unread messages, even though I've opened and read both threads in which @hutchk sent me mail, and replied to one of them. I've also done a force-shift-reload of the website, but it's still saying 2 unread. I have heaps of other historic stuff in my mailbox from years ago, and it's only treating the messages which @hutchk sent at 6am as new mail. Is there something I need to do to state that I've read them, or is it something that just times out, or might this be a bug?
@izogi, I have disabled email notifications. I will enable them as an option once I'm sure everything else is working. Yes, adding an email address is fine. They are only filtered from forums to stop spammers from getting them. The notification should be in the top right. I'll investigate the count issue you describe. Basically, when you look at your inbox, the bold ones are unread and the unbolded ones are read. This happens automatically. If the counter is not updating, that's a bug.
On the notification count, it looks like it updates if you log out and then back in. Otherwise it doesn't. That's a bug. Cheers!
I have the same unread issue, otherwise everything works well. Nice work!
Thanks @Matthew. This morning they'd both gone unbolded after I read them, although the notifier still said 2 unread (both in the heading with '2', and in the dropdown which says 'Mail - 2 unread'). Just now, I returned to the inbox and the top two threads are bolded again, probably because @hutchk has responded again since then (so all of the above is consistent at this exact time). But, then I open one of the threads. After returning to the inbox, that thread is no longer bolded, but the notifier in the top right still indicates 2 unread. After opening the other bolded thread, it also loses its boldiness but the notifier continues to indicate 2 unread. Another unrelated possible bug (in Firefox if relevant): When composing a new message, there seems to be a broken image, or similar. The To: dropdown is wrapping to the next line (under the "To:" text). In its place, right of the "To:" text, there seems to be a small square where Firefox is indicating a broken image link. I'll email you a screenshot in a moment.
Yeah, add me in please Matthew.
@matthew - will you be adding the ability to delete read messages?
OK @TararuaHunter, @Hugh vN, @Pro-active all added. Thanks for reporting the broken-image issue. Deleting messages, yes. That will be added.
11–20 of 52

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum This website
Started by matthew
On 17 February 2015
Replies 51
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown