Yak Wool Beanies and Neckwarmers

1–10 of 31

Hi guys I am starting an outdoor clothing brand that uses yak wool from the Tibetan Plateau. I have previously posted here, but a lot has changed since then including our name (Khullu -> Peak to Plateau). Now we have beanies and neckwarmers in stock on our website www.peaktoplateau.com Features: - 50% yak - 50% merino - 190 gsm fabric - Double layer fabric construction - Charcoal black So why yak wool? Yak wool is warmer, softer and more breathable than merino, and we sustainably source it from co-operatives that pay a fair price. I have been pretty blown away with how warm it has been, making trips to Mt Cook, Temple Basin and Tekapo and only needing one layer (190gsm) and a beanie/neckwarmer to keep me warm even with the freezing cold weather that we have had lately. The merino is there for strength and durability. If anyone is interested then use can use the discount code TRAMPERNZ on our website to get any 2 beanies or neckwarmers for $50. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. www.peaktoplateau.com Cheers Stefan
reputable companies normally have a physical address listed..
Not really too true these days. Half the time I don't even know what country I'm buying from. Good luck with the new venture. The product looks good & the website's great.
"Advertising of commercial products and services is disallowed. Discussing and defending a particular product, service or brand where you are the owner of that product, service, or brand is acceptable if it is relevant to an ongoing conversation. Commercial messages relevant to the community are acceptable in the Buy / Sell / Exchange forum."
i buy from online stores around the world and they all have a legitimate physical address listed and they are registered public companies.
On one hand we have a few other members that are here for little more than brand advertising. Look at a post from red moose a few days ago as an example. This is also the buy sell swap page. If the product lives up to the claims it is a reasonable price. Its not another Nepal hiking guides ad. On the other hand this is as stated a previously unknown company with little or no evidence it is a NZ Company beyond the .nz address. They have a paypal account though so there must be a physical entity. As for online traders without a physical address Most of the ones I deal with do not advertise this although I use Aliexpress as a middleman and guarantee the trade is valid. This would be for Matthew to decide although I would be more comfortable with some sort of proof this is a NZ company
can't find peak to plateau as a listed company at the NZ companies office
Companies don't necessarily have to be registered. If @Khullu is just running a personal business, they could just be operating as a Sole Trader and trading under the name. The press kit is titled as a company called Khullu, lists a contact name of Stefan Warnaar and a New Zealand mobile phone number of : +64 027 753 6764 and email addresses of [Email address removed] and [Email address removed] (see the press kit linked from https://www.peaktoplateau.com/pages/press for the non-removed details). I'm guessing remove the 0 from that phone number. Maybe it's run by this person, who works at Canterbury University and claims on LinkedIn to be the founder of Peak to Plateau? https://nz.linkedin.com/in/stefan-warnaar-04758b63 That name is also listed by the Companies Office as a director and shareholder of My Five Meals Limited since December 2013, although the company's since been removed. The registry info for the directorship and shareholding including a Christchurch street address of 35 Stableford Green, Burnside. From Google's satellite and street views, that appears to be some kind of industrial or office complex. I guess someone could call the phone number from the press kit. Beyond that, the PeakToPlateau.com domain name is registered to a privacy-guarding service with an address in Toronto. khullu.com is registered to a privacy-guarding service with an address in Panama. This doesn't necessarily make it suspicious. It just means someone didn't want their direct personal details lodged in the domain registry. Personally I'd be reasonably satisfied that this is at least a person in New Zealand (or formerly in New Zealand) who you'd be dealing with, but yes that type of information could certainly be communicated more clearly in the marketing material.
izogi has it pretty much spot on. We will be/are in the process of registering as a business in New Zealand, but from previous experience (My Five Meals) it is more trouble than it is worth setting up a legal entity before you start trading, in case the business never gets off the ground. I never listed a business address, as technically we don't have one and work from either home or the Centre for Entrepreneurship at the University of Canterbury. Feel free to email me at stefan(at)peaktoplateau.com or call on 0277536764. The business address will be listed as (when we become registered): 35 Stableford Green Burnside Christchurch 8053 The domains are private (most domain providers offer this) otherwise it doesn't take long before your inbox in inundated with spam. The Toronto and Panama addresses are because I bought the domains from different providers. I guess what you guys have mentioned means that I need to visibly improve the legitimacy of the business and website. Cheers
Even though I will never buy a designer beenie of any brand Im happy for this to remain. That may change though if we start getting weekly updates on the business Still Matthews final say though
1–10 of 31

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Buy / sell / exchange
Started by Khullu
On 16 August 2016
Replies 30
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown