Whats everyone got planned?

I know that we have had this type of thread before but I figure seen as there isnt much happening on this website at the moment I just thought I would ask what everyone is up to, Have ya got anything planned for the weekend or training ya self up for a big tramp during the summer? Just thought I would see what everyones up to, its good to read about other peoples tramping trips plus it also gives ya a few ideas for tramping trips of your own.
341 comments
281–290 of 341

Hoping to get into the Kaimanawas for Easter. And,no,I am not worried about hunters. From my experience, very few of them go more than an hour from the road.
Im hoping to get into Pureora forest park this easter weekend for a hunt if all goes well....Hopefully
We are going into the Ruahines for Easter though theres debate in my party.Im keen to go to McKinnon etc and another wants to go to Ruahine Corner, so we shall see.Hope the weathers going to be kind to us all.
Run tongariro northern circuit tomorrow weather looks nice - Kaimanawas for Easter sounds pretty good - where u heading pmkce ?
Kakapo Hut - back of Karamea.
1 deleted post from motors
Southern Crossing of the Tararuas with a couple of my class mates
1 deleted post from chenxin111
We abandoned our Ruahine trip due to the forecast(though in hindsight we could have done it)and instead did a Southern Crossing in glorious conditions.We visited the neat Elder hut on the way and even the Marchant ridge wasnt too bad.Unbelieviable weather considering the original forecast.
Going up to Jumbo Hut for Thursday night, then driving down to Kaitoke to do the Tutuwai Hut - Alpha Hut - Marchant Ridge loop. Looking forward to my first foray into the Tararuas.
Hi everybody. This is my first post here. I'm American and I'll be in NZ for a few days. April 13 - April 15 May 6 - May 10 I love hiking and mountain climbing. During my visit, I'm hoping to check out some of the highlights. I'm considering climbing Ruapehu and the Tongariro Alpine Crossing. Also Taranaki. How difficult would it be to tack Ruapehu onto the Tongariro Crossing (I don't mind winter camping)? Any other suggestions that can fit my itinerary? (I like strenuous challenges, Non-mountain climbing suggestions are okay too) Lastly, anybody from Auckland interested to join the fun?
well for the first time in a little while i went tramping today, only up to Waiaua gorge hut from the road end but the wx was superb and no-one else was about. have missed tramping lately but with buying our first home i have been busy doing other things!
281–290 of 341

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum The campfire
Started by Jono51
On 24 September 2009
Replies 340
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown