South Island March 2010

1–10 of 31

This is an open invitation to anyone interested in tramping in the South Island in March 2010. Actual date to be confirmed but most likely mid March. Routes: Open to suggestions. Age/sex: Anyone and everyone Duration: Two weeks, possibly longer. If anyone is interested please feel free to get in touch.
Were you still wanting to go to Tappy aroung then?
Tappy is a distinct possibility. I'm open to suggestions. Already have some people interested but would always welcome more.
I'm thinking of coming out again in Feb/Mar next year and will be watching. I'm not sure what or where Tappy is!
Mount Tapuaenuku, the highest peak in the Kaikoura Range, in the NE corner of the South Island.
Hi to one and all Just back from South America and still keen to arrange something, anything, including Tappy for March 2010. So if anyone is remotely interested, and/or has ideas of where they would like to tramp for a few weeks, please do get in touch. Open to all ages, sexes and experience.
Would the 'Tappy' tramp be a snow/ice, crampon type of trip? Coming to SI in March and looking for some good tramps, but not crampon/ice axe stuff.
Hi Fruitbat Tappy is a long uphill tramp with wet feet. It's not a snow and ice climb, though there may well still be some on the summit in March. I've been there a couple of times and whilst it's not an easy tramp it's still worth the effort (I think). Anyway, if you're interested please do keep in touch.
How about the three passes in Arthurs Pass? :D Where is Tappy located in NZ?
In the Awatere valley. It is accessed from Gladstone Downs Station. There are about 70 crossings of the Hodder. It can also be climbed from the Clarence side from Bluff station. People can stay at Branch Cottage.
1–10 of 31

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by normclimb
On 7 August 2009
Replies 30
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown