South Island March 2010

This is an open invitation to anyone interested in tramping in the South Island in March 2010. Actual date to be confirmed but most likely mid March. Routes: Open to suggestions. Age/sex: Anyone and everyone Duration: Two weeks, possibly longer. If anyone is interested please feel free to get in touch.
31 comments
21–30 of 31

Cool. Let us know what develops.
Hi Norm I might have posted in the wrong thread so repeat that Tappy sounds good to me for a start. Any others in mind? I would like to do the Cascade Saddle, which we were rained off this year, as a through trip. Caples and Hollyford through trip as another interest. I would like to set up an itinerary soon and get a ticket out from the uk booked as well. David
Hi David Tappy would be nice, from either side, though I have done it from Gladstone Station already. It's long and very wet, but great views and well worth the effort. Was looking at the Hollyford as well but it's all a metter of time I guess? Have you done the Travers-Sabine or the Wangapeka track? I've always planned to do the Travers with a couple of side trips to Blue Lake and possible Mt Franklin as well. Interested? I'm hoping that a few others here on Tramper may be interested as well............are you? I'm looking at arriving in Christchurch on March 13th or 14th.
Hi Norm Yes I have done the Travers-Sabine,soon after the Rees-Dart and in the company of two German girls! I saw a report somewhere that the Angelus hut has been 'removed'. The Wangapeka could be of interest but timescales need to be considered by me as I will only have about three weeks to spare after mid-march and want to include time on N.Island.
Arriving in Christchurch on 13th March and looking to do either Kepler, Hollyford or Motatapu Track then move up to Nelson for Travers-Sabine and/or Mt Tappy. Open invitation if anyone interested in joining me.
Hi normclimb i am doing the Hollyford 17-3-10.I arrive Christchurch 15-3-10 drive same day to Wanaka on 16-3-10 drive to TeAnau.On 17-3-10 11am tracknet to hollyford rd end.I am going to walk both ways,tracknet pickup 26-3-10 1.30pm Lindsay
Pity the dates don't match up. Unfortunately can't change dates due to work committments. Open invitation to anyone who might be interested in any of the tramps above.
Hi Norm, can't post on that other forum, but can here. Kate and I, and an office lady from work, are starting the Hollyford (hopefully this time) 10th March, so no use to you. I reckon you should definately tramp the Kepler Track, it is truly worth it. Did reply to you email at home, but no answer back. Busy? Cheers, Peter.
Peter: Still undecided as to which one to do, plenty of time yet. I noticed about your other 'missing' posts.....very funny! Didn't I reply? Sorry. Will do so soon.
There are now two of us heading down to QT from Christchurch on the 13th March to do the Greenstone-Caples so if anyone else would like to join us please do get in touch.
21–30 of 31

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by normclimb
On 7 August 2009
Replies 30
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown