Do sherpas (or similar) exist in New Zealand?

I am planning to do the Milford and / or Routeburn track in Nov or Dec 2014 with hubby and my 2 boys that don't stop eating (13 and 11 yrs old). Thankfully, tents, stoves and mattress are not required as the boys aren't strong enough to carry very much. Does anyone know of a tramping group or commercial enterprise that will help carry your packs, do food drop-offs or assist with bearing the load???? Docs have not been able to help. Thanks
55 comments
51–55 of 55

Sorry, I must've misunderstood when you wrote "and also if you can't provide a valid lift pass on DOC land (remarks)".
yep you did mate, sorry maybe I didn't explain myself properly. I can go into it with full verbatim like details but I think the language used in the altercation would possibly offend people, so basically it went like this: The patroller threatened to call the cops because I refused to give him my pass (or show it to him) and proceeded to man handle me in the car park. This is just one of the cases I mentioned, all amount to similar bully boy tactics used at ski fields. I, anyway, mentioned the guy who got done for guiding (sure it was routeburn) which pretty much shuts down any debate in regards to them calling the authorities. so. there.
Why did you not just show the guy your pass in the first place? If you'd invested all the money in it in the first place wouldn't you be looking for every excuse to whip it out (I would)? Was yelling at a park security guy doing his job and getting in a scuffle over it really worth it? The mind boggles.
*face palm. Park security guy? ha yea thats what I'm sure he thought he was. He wanted to TAKE IT OFF ME, and yea it was worth it. Jesus christ
Ah Matski, how these forums have missed you...
51–55 of 55

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Beginners and newbies
Started by leoandianr
On 6 May 2014
Replies 54
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown